- Full Time
Guideposts Books and Inspirational Media, a direct marketing publisher, is seeking an editorial assistant to join a dynamic team in developing books for our customers. The editorial assistant will support both the fiction and nonfiction project managers, editors, and production manager.
Essential responsibilities include:
- research books for licensing through publishers in the Christian market
- read critically, edit, proofread, and write
- administrative/support functions, including invoice processing, maintenance of records
- assist in maintaining and keeping project schedules current and accurate
- interface with marketing staff, freelance editorial providers, and designers
- contribute to content development efforts across the organization
- Other duties as may be assigned.
College degree preferably in English, Communications, or Creative Writing. Intern experience in editorial or publishing a strong plus. Knowledge of the Christian and general inspirational book market is a plus. Solid experience with Microsoft Office suite is essential, including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Adobe Acrobat Pro is a plus. Must be enthusiastic and have a “can-do” attitude.