Editor of High-Growth Personal Finance Publisher
Savingforcollege.com is the #1 visited finance website (with millions of visitors) focused on college savings and we're growing quickly, expanding our audience, and launching new products.
We have built industry leading content and tools on college savings plans that are trusted by parents, financial professionals, and leading media outlets. You will be joining a unique team in that we have strong financials but with startup, move-fast culture - the best of both worlds.
We are looking a talented senior editor who can assign, write and edit both short and feature-length stories (features can range from 2,000-10,000 words).
This position is full time but part-time may be considered for the right candidate.
- Manage copy flow for web articles
- Coordinate production of key editorial assets from conception through execution
- Evaluate and edit content
- Provide editorial direction to writers and designers
- Implement SEO search engine optimization best practices
- Work with staff writers and freelance writers to develop story ideas, assign stories, edit and fact check all content, format and publish content
- Assist in evaluating and improving our existing articles and documents
- Work with both speed and accuracy
Qualifications and Special Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing or related field
- 3+ years of editorial experience, preferably with a financial publishing company
- Excellent verbal/presentation skills, as well as writing, proofreading, and copywriting skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment
- Has established contacts in the industry
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, flexible, and well organized
- Team player, high-energy, driven, and revenue-focused work style; brings awesome to work every day
To apply: YOU MUST include a cover letter, resume, and 2 story clips