About the Role:
Dotdash is seeking an Associate Producer to join its video team on a part-time freelance basis. The Associate Producer will assist producers in the coordination and production of hundreds of short-form web videos. As Associate Producer, you’ll be a resourceful go-getter and creative problem-solver that has experience in digital video production. You’ll seamlessly dive into all stages of the production process, including research and development, video editing, field production, asset tracking, and paperwork wrangling. Although there will be light set work, the Associate Producer will largely focus on research, casting, script editing, contracts, prop management, and expense and asset tracking. A stellar attention to detail and excellent writing skills are a must, and Excel/Google Sheets skills are a big plus.
About Your Contributions:
- Act as an assistant to the video team with all aspects of video production; help to create the best instructional and inspirational lifestyle videos
- Anticipate and meet the changing needs of a fast-paced production environment that always has multiple active projects in the pipeline
- Communicate and coordinate with many project stakeholders, including freelancers to facilitate payments and execute contracts
- Research and help secure talent and locations
- Review and edit scripts and breakdowns
- Editing multiple different types of digital video, providing stringouts or minor tweaks to projects
- Help manage upload and output schedules
- Coordinate and curate props, track receipts, and help track budgets
- Contribute to the video ideation and development process; stay abreast of digital video trends
- Creative thinker with 2-4 years of video production experience
- Superb organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects at a time
- Effective written and verbal communicator; visual storytelling skills
- Strong familiarity with digital media and web video; passion for digital content
- Thorough and detail oriented while managing multiple projects at once under tight deadlines
- Resourceful and agile; ability to adapt to changing and shifting requirements
- Adept at administrative tasks like budgeting, data entry, and word processing
- Tech savvy; proficient with Premiere/Excel/Google Sheets and Word/Docs; bonus points for Photoshop skills
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.