Lead Graphic Designer
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
The Lead Designer focuses on the total graphic image of News 12, News 12 + and associated brands. This designer is proficient in many types of design including 2D and 3D as well software including After Effects and Vizrt. The Lead Designer is responsible for editorial, marketing, and promo design. This designer will assist in supervising all graphic creation and will take the lead in special projects for the network under the direction of the Creative Director. The Lead Designer assists the Creative Director in the implementation of all design initiatives and managerial procedures across the network, and participates in all creative and technical discussions. The Lead Designer also assists the Creative Director and the Network with upgrading, evaluating, and purchasing new software and hardware.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in graphic arts for television preferred
- Advanced experience in graphic programs including After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Demonstrated strong marketing and promotions skills
- Consistently demonstrated superior artistic ability
- Superior leadership and training ability
- Capability of managing graphics teams and assigning tasks
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate complex projects
- Thorough knowledge of the technical functions of all graphic equipment
- Outstanding knowledge of computer graphics equipment and techniques
- Excellent spelling skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of local communities, issues and newsmakers
- Flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.