VP, Video Editorial & QA, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Spearhead efforts of bicoastal, 24/7 Video Editorial team responsible for servicing and supporting the on-demand video fulfillment supply chainOversee initiatives for 24/7 Content Operations & QA team responsible for servicing and supporting the asset fulfillment lifecycleInstitute media acquisition protocols; partnering with show post teams, TV Distribution, and other content providers on agreed milestones, deliverables, and accountabilityEstablish, initiate and administer content quality assurance guidelines and control protocols; working to analyze, regulate, and continuously improve user-facing experiences on all platforms and programming environments Collaborate with technical stakeholders to develop content prep standards and video encoding requirements; driving efficiencies and readiness to both upstream and downstream publishing workflowsSupport Content QA team copywriters, video editorial specialists, creative leads, and support teams to proactively address all content delivery demands and concernsInstitute publishing guidelines and protocols for on-demand video; working with technology, product, and quality assurance teams to continuously improve delivery timelines to approved distribution outlets under strict deadlines and SLAsDrive video metadata specification research, development, and consolidation; advocating for consistency of brand voice and diplomatically instituting changes as needed while adhering to product guidelines, character limits, and asset formatting parameters Manage and maintain video metadata acquisition and syndication standards to approved distribution outletsOptimize and improve consistency of delivery and publishing cadences; implementing changes as needed while adhering to syndication guidelines, compliance mandates, and marketing/promotional obligationsCompile technical requirements for enhancements to existing metadata workflows; recommending revisions while researching emerging trends and solutions to improve overall program discoverabilityAudit content availability and entitlement windowing processes; proactively addressing all anomalies with licensing teams prior to content syndicationCollaborate with design teams to define and continuously refine artwork delivery specifications for series key art and episodic imagery Collaborate with digital ad sales operations and technology teams to service and support revenue-driven requirements, processes, and campaignsProvide subject matter expertise; focused on promoting metadata awareness by evangelizing the benefits improved standards have on helping to address KPIs
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The digital delivery of television can be complex and confusing to some end customers. This position is designed to help those customers quickly and successfully enjoy our products and services.
NBCUniversal is hiring a VP of Video Editorial & QA to join a dynamic new team responsible for the Direct to Consumer business. We are looking for a highly organized, extremely focused, and results oriented executive with the vision, competitive drive, and innovative problem-solving expertise to tackle any productivity challenge they may encounter.
You will be the standard bearer for operational excellence and quality assurance; leading a team of video publishing and QA experts responsible for servicing our growing portfolio of programs. You'll be tasked with creating and maintaining a best-in-class video content supply chain ensuring our library of thousands of on-demand long form full episodes are successfully acquired, provisioned, and published to our subscribers on a 24/7 basis.
This position requires a mastery of operational workflow diplomacy; constantly auditing internal asset deliveries and availabilities with key stakeholders while maintaining external facing, user experience best practices and presentation standards to maintain uniformity. You'll also need to be skilled at navigating the fast-paced and constantly evolving sea of industry delivery requirements while ensuring all video records, as well as supporting metadata and artwork that accompany them, satisfy the exacting quality control criteria you've set for yourselves.
The ideal candidate will be no stranger to being on the front lines of an unprecedented media fulfilment landscape. Spearheading cross divisional collaboration efforts, you'll establish the guidelines to successfully prioritize incoming content requests against mission critical promotional and editorial requirements. This commitment to precise program availability will not only set the bar for overall content delivery and quality of service, but will also play a crucial role in our success within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent discipline
• Minimum 15 years of experience with digital video file formats, encoding specifications, publishing workflows, governmental compliance standards and troubleshooting techniques
• Minimum 10 years of leadership experience managing operational teams
• Minimum 10 years of experience with content management systems trafficking high volume, time sensitive media assets for multi-platform syndication
• Minimum 10 years of experience with data transfer protocols, workflows and methods; Aspera, Signiant, etc.
• Minimum 7 years of experience with OVP services such as Anvato, thePlatform, Brightcove, and Kaltura and ad serving platforms such as Freewheel, DFP, etc. as well as DAI
• Minimum 5 years of experience with archival data system cataloguing, indexing and restoration
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing asset schema, taxonomy, ontology, program hierarchy, programing types, genres, and data/program classifications
• Minimum 3 years of experience with emerging OTT services, technologies and related digital content QA and QC governance
• Working knowledge of project management methodologies and systems such as Agile, Scrum or Jira, Trello, Asana, Smartsheet
• Expertise with consumer apps on traditional platforms and digital products
• Expertise with digital artwork deliverables including, but not limited to photography, key art, and logo treatments as well as their related file formats (e.g. RAW, PNG, JPG, EPS)
• Working knowledge of methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and collaboration products such as JIRA, Lighthouse and Confluence
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Creative Cloud apps
• Working knowledge of OVP services such as Anvato, thePlatform, Brightcove, and Kaltura
• Practical experience with SEO algorithms, processes, and techniques
• Experience working with Drupal open source CMS
• Familiarity with MAM and DAM systems
• Familiarity with data insights and metrics tracking tools Domo, Adobe SiteCatalyst, and Google Analytics
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work in Universal City, Los Angeles County, California
• Television entertainment industry experience preferred
• Excellent and effective communication & collaboration skills
• Expertise distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Strategic knowledge & familiarity with social media platforms and services such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram
• Project Management certification (PMP, PMI, etc.)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.