Responsible for generating regional sales revenue ensuring all financial goals are being met while developing and maintaining relationships with clients. Responsibilities:Develop and maintain direct relationships with decision makers and influencers at both the agency and client level with the goal of generating revenueEstablish needs of advertisers and prepare customized sales presentation(s)Develop and create new programs to maximize revenue from existing clientsDevelop new business and sponsorship revenue across linear and new media platformsFulfill all negotiated deal points, locally activate sponsorships, closely steward and maintain all national accountsConsult with sales management on opportunities and specific station needs, including setting unit rates, establishing sell-out standards and negotiating for increased share of advertising buysWork with ad sales leader to establish annual budgets and to establish revenue goals and strategies with National reps to achieve all goalsEffectively use all sales assets and opportunities to maximize revenueBasic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing/communications or advertising or equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum (7) years of experience in multi-media ad sales
- Must demonstrate strong negotiation, oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with and influence internal and external contacts.
- Requires strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be an effective presenter.
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of ratings metrics, research modalities, agency operations and broadcast industry standards.
- Requires a strong understanding of sales and operations of competing advertising mediums (broadcast, digital, radio, print, outdoor, interconnect and pro teams).
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities a must.
- Sales management experience
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in Burlington, MA and then Needham, MA late fall 2019
- Ability to travel as required
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Background in television, radio, sports marketing and/or cross-platform sales strongly preferred
- Ability to sell conceptually to direct clients
- Comfortable using and selling new media
- Passionate about sports and local teams
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.