The NBC Owned Television Stations Sales Associates Program (SAP) is an accelerated development experience for early-career sales professionals. This highly competitive program identifies outstanding aspiring media sales professionals who bring diverse backgrounds to the organization. This 12-month fast-track rotational and training program offers associates experiences in all aspects of the sales cycle (including research and operations), as well as sales verticals (traditional broadcast media, digital, business development & out-of-home). This is an excellent opportunity for a jumpstart into the fast-paced field of media sales.
The program includes orientation at the NBC Owned Television Stations headquarters in New York City. This will: orient associates to NBC Universal/NBC Owned Television Stations divisionexpose associates to members of the NBC Owned Television Stations senior leadership and sales leadership teams; train associates in NBC Owned Television Stations’ products, processes, and related sales competencies.
After orientation, the sales associate will reside with the sales team at the NBC10/Telemundo62 Philadelphia stations for the duration of the program where the associates will have rotations in: core sellingbusiness developmentnational salesresearch and programmingsales operationsstrategic marketing, and digital selling.
This program also offers leadership development and exposure, networking, and developing key sales competencies.
NBC10/Telemundo62 spans three floors of the Comcast Technology Center. It is an 80,000-square-foot broadcast center and Philadelphia’s news epicenter. It features cutting-edge newsroom technology and energy-efficient design.
Placement opportunities are based on existing business needs, the participant's performance, and previous work experience. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 16, 2019 Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent (Business, Communications or Marketing are preferred)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience, sales related preferred
- Available to join the program in January 2020
- Ability to relocate across the U.S. in a geographic location, as assigned
- Previous experience working in a sales organization as an Account Executive, Account Manager, Sales Planner, Sales Assistant, Marketing Planner, or similar role
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments and handle multiple projects at once.
- Demonstrates initiative and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Knowledgeable about industry trends and external environment
- Strong ability to collaborate and coordinate across projects and functions, as necessary
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.