Supervisor Direct Sales
- Full Time
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for sharp talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand.
Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as a Supervisor, Direct Sales, where you’ll be enhancing the lives of our customers and your career.
The Supervisor, Direct Sales coaches, leads, motivates and monitors sales representatives to achieve goals, metrics and performance through developing sales skills and techniques. Recommends and implements processes and procedures to increase product penetration in designated territories through sales to current, former, and new residential customers.
At Cox Communications, our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, we offer:
- Competitive base salary plus unlimited commission potential
- Generous benefits to include healthcare day one, paid time off and 401(k) matching
- Free Internet and other Cox discounted services
- Career development programs and ongoing training, including tuition assistance
- Future career growth and promotional opportunities
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Supervises, trains, develops and provides performance feedback to direct reports in order to achieve all sales goals. Provides individualized and ongoing coaching to ensure efficiency and productivity of all team members.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, developing and motivating direct reports to ensure direct residential sales and installation goals are achieved while
- maintaining quality customer service and customer retention.
- Conducts regular in-field coaching and performance evaluations of sales representatives.
- Tracks and analyzes daily activity reports to ensure productivity.
- May establish and leverage business alliances with key internal and external partners including but not limited to leasing staff and realtors.
- Develops team members to promote career pathing and succession planning.
- Provides critical leadership to insure proper communication and workflow among direct reports and internal business partners.
- Oversees daily operations of direct reports.
- May serve as point of contact for escalated customer concerns.
- Communicates and supports all current and upcoming sales and marketing plans/strategy to all direct reports.
- Supports, effectively communicate and executes on new initiatives.
- Conducts performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Collects and shares competitive intelligence to direct reports and other key business partners.
- Disseminates and supports company goals and direction as announced.
- Contributes to the development of processes to improve efficiencies.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all company policies.
- May create and provide reporting as needed.
- May develop and manage sales contests and/or incentives.
- Conducts meetings with direct reports as needed, attends and participates in company meetings as required.
- Remains current on all Cox product information.
- May partner with Training Dept to create/update materials and provide ad hoc training.
- May support and develop relationships with third-party resources to drive PSU growth.
- May identify new potential vendor business partners and manage performance of current vendors.
- May be daily point of contact for outsourced DSR activity.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required requirements
- 2 years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, etc.)
- Intermediate level of experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) in a work setting
- Valid state driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Certifications and licenses, as required by state and municipal laws
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- State Licensing may be required to sell Home Security
- AS/AA or BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.).
- 2+ years of recent experience in a sales management role highly preferred.
- Knowledge of local market, local contacts
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
- Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired.
- Experience in home security sales meeting quotas
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.