Associate Director of Data Analytics
- Full Time
Gamut is looking for a strategic Sr. Manager or Associate Director of Data Analytics to help us bring our data environment and related products to the next level. The right candidate has experience both hands on in a data cloud environment and in successfully managing people. As a guide, this candidate should have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience involving digital media and analytics, coding, business analysis, systems analysis or systems optimization. Among these years, we require at least 1-2 years in a data cloud environment and 1-2 years managing people.
The Manager/Director displays proven ability to…
• Set up a cloud based data environment and ability to understand connections to and from other systems
• Machine learning and AI applications a plus
• Apply measurement to tasks and processes to understand volume and usage
• Provide insight to data environment nuance pros/cons
• Analyze log files and create logic and models
• Manipulate, process and normalize large amounts of data
• Provide reports and status information as needed
• Think strategically
• Work independently, managing timelines, and communicating competing priorities to his/her manager.
• Come up with initiatives and help prioritize for team
• Communicate trade-offs (pros and cons) effectively and diplomatically
• Seek to understand stake holder needs and translate the needs into project requirements
• The right candidate demonstrates a strong work ethic, a can-do attitude, strong communication skills and a desire and willingness to solve tough problems.
• Collaborate with leadership and peers alike
• Use coding language such as SQL, R and/or Python to solve business problems.
STRATEGIC THINKING / PLANNING
In support of the goals of the department, make strategic recommendations to help us take our platform to the next level both from ideation of initiatives to developing and managing the execution plan.
LOG FILE AND DATA CLOUD SUPPORT
In support of the goals of the department, analyze vast amounts of data, and support the company efforts in the data cloud.
Lead identification and measurement of all group processes, systems use, and work output. Create calculations and data flows in DOMO or other tools/platforms.
Work with other Departments to identify needs in data environments, data, dashboards, reports, and workflow.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 years of relevant professional experience involving digital media and analytics, coding, business analysis, systems analysis or systems optimization.
• Machine learning and AI skills a plus
• 1-2 years in a data cloud environment
• 1-2 years managing people.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, excel proficiency is a must
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working with SQL, R, Python, other database coding, and/or experience with coding/developing data visualization software
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication ability
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.