Lead UX Architect
- Full Time
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Lead UX Architect to join our Dealer.com team in Dallas, TX. As a Lead UX Architect, you will be a pivotal member of a Digital Retail Product Management team, working closely with other UX practitioners, designers, strategists and stakeholders to propose and conduct user research activities consisting of strategic and tactical studies and is responsible for coordinating, planning, executing, and reporting on activities.
The Lead UX Architect support project based on research findings, best practices, business goals, and a commitment to providing a seamless end to end client experience, the Lead UX Architect outlines UX strategy and prescribes a UX architectural approach that includes design language, design patterns, and application fit within the Cox Automotive product ecosystem.
This individual must have a passion for user experience research and design specifically as they relate to software development.Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family.
This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Identifies the proper research methods based upon product phase and timelineCreates proposals and research roadmaps/timelinesObtains stakeholder approvals and acts on research proposals
Recruits test participants, creating screeners, managing participant scheduling & related external vendor interactions for recruiting as needed.
Sets up and facilitates testing, covering quantitative and qualitative data collection techniques in accord with product goals and in support of data-driven / informed design.
Work cross functionally with teams to shape and execute plans based on business needs and growth initiatives for both existing and new products throughout the software development lifecycle of applications, often with numerous research initiatives occurring concurrently
Uncover actionable insights and evangelize findings at various levels of the organization to help the business growLead and facilitate brainstorming sessions, needs analysis, features, and functionality workshops
Investigates and evaluates User Experience Research trends in the industry and communicates recommendations to the UX leadership team aimed at enhancing UX processes, incorporating new or innovative ideas, increasing research velocity/value/efficacy and/or recommending new methodologies and tools as appropriate
Coordinate, supervise, and support research efforts by other UX team members
Act as a UX Lead for one or more release trains as needed within the Cox Automotive Café structure.
Collaborate closely with Product Management, Development, and Business stakeholders to create the best products and experiences for our clients, team members and business.
Provide UX strategy point of view and muscle for assigned release trains and act as a strong position player within the Product team
Articulate the research findings and UX strategy in clear and actionable design artifacts, including personas, user journeys, screen flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
Create focused, intuitive designs that make life better for clients and team members while advancing Cox Automotive business goals.
Present UX designs and rationale to product and business stakeholders
Communicate interaction design and UX requirements to implementation team.
Required Experience (minimum):
- Possesses broad expertise in end-user data collection involving complex web and mobile software applications and understands most, if not all, of the following (must be able to perform these techniques in an agile software development environment):
- 1:1 task-based testing/in-depth interviewsIterative discovery / formative testingRemote moderated 1:1 testing
- Remote un-moderated testingRemote open/closed card sorting1:1 open/closed card sorting
- Focus groupsEthnography/day in the life/site visitsContextual inquiry1:1 interviews
- Concept testing / desirability studiesPrototype testingSurvey creationPersona research and creation
- Strong user experience research foundation and flexible approach
- Strong reporting skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to be a contributing member of a cross-functional team and inspire team confidence in and respect for the contributions of research and focused design to enhance user experience
- A demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and communicate to stakeholders, designers, product managers and engineering development team members
- Experience with Morae, OpinionLab, UserIQ, Axure, Adobe Analytics, TeaLeaf, and/or other research or prototyping tools is desirable
- Extensive portfolio that includes examples of leading strategic research and design with significant business outcomes, creation of long-term research plans, and demonstrated proficiency with interaction design
- As needed, lead the translation of business requirements into simple, highly usable, and compelling interface layouts; defining how the user interacts with site functionality.
- Create (and lead the development of) comprehensive site maps, user flows, wireframes, and interactive mock-ups/prototypes (lo/high fidelity)Six+ year’s related work experience.
- UX research experience must include an established, heavily trafficked, consumer facing web site or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Experimental Design or equivalent work experience.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.