Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The HR Assistant is the central hub of the HR department and contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives throughout the full employee life cycle – from recruitment to hire to termination. The ideal person has an interest in developing a career in Human Resources and will have the opportunity to support our team of HR Managers, Director, and VP in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Provide support in recruitment activities, such as posting job openings with various recruitment sources, arranging employment interviews, creating and mailing new hire packets, reference checks, assisting with preparation for external recruitment events
- Manage the onboarding process including conducting new hire orientation meetings, creating arrival notices and welcome emails, and collecting new hire paperwork
- Create, maintain and organize HR employee files (physical and electronic) and I-9 forms in accordance with employment law requirements and internal records retention policy
- Provide administrative support of employee terminations, to include scheduling exit interviews, creating termination letters and departure notices
- New York Notary Public (company sponsored)
- Support the Vice President of Human Resources with business travel arrangements and ad hoc meetings, communications, and projects
- Coordinate department meetings and take accurate notes
- Manage department invoices, reconcile department credit card, and liaise for payment inquiries
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum one year of professional-level Human Resources experience required
- Understanding of general HR processes, and experience providing support to the full employee life cycle (e.g. recruiting, on-boarding, termination)
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel required; knowledge of PowerPoint a plus
- Must be well-organized with superior attention to detail and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Able to work with a great degree of independence and successfully navigate a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Adheres to strict confidentiality requirements and protection of sensitive HR data
- Experience in a global organization a plus
- Experience with ATS systems – Success Factors an advantage
- Experience with HRIS systems – Dayforce a plus
If you are an internal applicant please inform your line manager.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.