Indirect Retail Account Manager
- Full Time
Do you have what it takes to be the face of Cox Communications and represent our outstanding products in top national and local retailers? In this role, you'll be the link between customers and the Cox products that connect them to their family, friends and the world!
The Indirect Retail Account Manager manages
relationships with 3rd Party vendors and ensures personnel at
3rd Party locations promote Cox Products and services. Utilizes
strong interpersonal communication skills to influence and enhance
business relationships with National Retailer and Local Dealer
Store Management. Indirectly influences 3rd Party Sales Agents to exceed
sales and business goals through product knowledge, training, contests,
etc. Responsible for overseeing a team of 3rd Party Specialists that
influence vendor contractors to promote, market and sell Cox Communications
products and services through direct interface with third party retail
partners such as Best Buy and Wal -Mart.
- Develops strategy to increase PSU production and third party retailer connection rates for assigned accounts/territory.
- Serves as business consultant to local dealers to
translate strategy into effective operational & sales tactics. Strong
consultative sales experience and ability to provide guidance to vendors on retail approaches to maximize sales of Cox products
- Oversees team of 3rd Party Specialists; responsible for selecting, developing, and retaining team that will influence vendor contractors to promote, market and sell Cox Communications products.
- Provides training and development to ensure team
meets sales goals and quotas for as signed accounts.
- Hires or influences hiring
decisions of 3rd party labor for vendors in assigned accounts.
- Manages store and sales
representative adherence to contract terms, policies and procedures.
- Develops and cultivates long term relationships with Authorized Retailers and National Retailer Management in order to maximize revenue growth and drive product penetrations.
- Implement regular store visits and evaluates Specialist and/or 3rd party agent performance.
- Serves as key point of contact for Authorized Retailers, ensuring timely response and resolution to any issues/inquiries.
- Designs and implements strategies to maximize sales; including but not limited to sales events, competitions and incentives.
- Develops, leads, and implements sales and customer service strategy, enhancement and initiatives.
- Identifies, develops, and implements process improvements towards improving customer satisfaction, reducing transaction costs and time, improving sales efficiency, etc.
- Ensures strategies improve retail operations metrics.
- Works closely with marketing department to ensure consistency in the look and structure of sales collateral materials, packages and proposals etc.
- Develops sales incentive programs for authorized retailers and internal team that drives results.
- 3 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Third Party Sales, etc.)
- Excellent ability to persuade others through indirect influence
- Demonstrated ability to seek out and seize opportunities and take initiative with little or no direction
- Demonstrated ability to establish collaborative relationships as a key influencer in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated capacity to thrive in a high-change, often ambiguous business environment
- Demonstrated ability to actively and successfully coach & train others to enhance sales performance
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate strategy into effective operational & sales tactics
- Strong consultative sales experience and ability to provide guidance to vendors on retail approaches
- Valid local State Driver’s License with driving record that meets Cox standards
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.).
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.