Metadata Specialist - Publishing
- Full Time
Kaplan Test Prep (www.kaptest.com/careers) is a premier provider of educational and career services for individuals, schools and businesses. Established in 1938, Kaplan is the world leader in the test prep industry. With a comprehensive menu of online offerings as well as a complete array of print books and digital products, Kaplan offers preparation for more than 100 standardized tests, including entrance exams for secondary school, college and graduate school, as well as professional licensing exams for attorneys, physicians and nurses. Kaplan also provides private tutoring and graduate admissions consulting services. Kaplan Test Prep also operates Metis, a leading provider of data science skills training for individuals and businesses.
Job Impact and Scope Summary
As Metadata Specialist on the Publishing Team, you will be responsible for devising, managing, and iterating on the multibrand metadata strategy for Kaplan Publishing. As part of your responsibilities you will be tasked with analyzing metadata trends, opportunities, and competitor tactics in order to drive Amazon growth for Kaplan Test Prep, Manhattan Prep, and Barron’s publishing programs. Successful candidates will be analytical, strategic, organized, detailed-oriented, self-motivated, and enthusiastic. Candidate will be provided training and guidance as needed.
- Track and improve discoverability and conversion rates on Amazon using ARAP and POS data, and adapt strategies to drive results
- Ensure consistency and quality of metadata for all Barron’s, KTP, MPrep, and 750 Publishing titles
- Establish, document, and maintain metadata best practices, including brand-specific guidelines for title treatments, product and series descriptions, and keywords
- Provide ongoing training for editorial teams on selection of BISAC codes, keywords, title and series treatments, and other elements affecting discoverability
- Monitor and respond to changes in Amazon policies affecting metadata strategies
- Continuously refresh keywords and product descriptions to increase relevance
- Monitor competitive strategies and leverage learning
- Develop and implement experiments to explore new strategies to drive results
- Participate in industry committees involving BISAC codes, keywords, and other metadata elements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years in a publishing, education, or media environment managing projects
- Copyediting and proofreading skills
- Ability to move multiple products forward by working across functional teams and managing multiple stakeholders, freelancers, project, and tasks
- Ability to transition between many varied tasks over the course of a day
- Focused and strong written and verbal communication
- Positive can-do attitude, interested in working collaboratively with high-performing, onsite and remote teams
- Strong follow-up skills are required to excel in this position.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Docs, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint
- Experience with TMM and JIRA is a plus