- Full Time
At Vector Media we go a little something like this...
We help brands tell better stories through a contemporary mix of outdoor media assets and experiences designed to cut through the clutter. Founded in 1998 as a billboard company in New York, it was Vector’s iconic Double Decker product that revitalized transit advertising on a national scale and demonstrated to the world that impact and reach are not mutually exclusive. Now operating in 53 markets, including 27 of the top 35 DMAs, Vector is the largest provider of transit advertising solutions in the country. Vector believes in the power of offline, contextual marketing, and has created an integrated platform that combines data and creativity to harness the power of out-of-home, experiential marketing, and digital advertising.
We’re looking for a Photography Associate to assist our photography team by taking the reins with shooting all our NYC media! The hyper-organized and energetic individual that takes this role will be responsible for tracking photography of outdoor advertising campaigns from start to finish across the greater New York City area, reporting directly to our National Photography Manager as part of the Marketing department.
In this role you’ll spend at least 50% of your day outside in the fresh air snapping stunning photos on the street, so be willing to take on an action-packed work life and occasionally break a sweat!
The ideal candidate is meticulous with time management and can handle a super fast work environment with quick turnaround times.
This job is ideal for a photographer that wants job security and perks of a desk-job but still be outside doing what they love.
As our Photography Associate you will be the primary point of contact for proof of performance photography in New York, working with dispatch to schedule shoots of all NYC double decker buses, Hampton Jitneys and billboards among other things. You’ll also photograph dozens of experiential events and private charters so there might be some evening or weekend hours here and there for you can earn that overtime coin! Additionally, the Photography Associate will assist with editing and cataloguing photography across all markets nationwide alongside our photo team.
● Shoot various media forms around Manhattan and occasionally outside the city including buses, billboards, special events and charters.
● Assist with daily photo requirements for ‘Proof of Performance’ reports that come from our Sales team.
● Track all New York campaigns, maintaining a live schedule using tools like Excel, Trello and Salesforce.
● Edit and catalogue all images you shoot with Adobe Lightroom CC, using our in-house metadata tagging process.
● Maintain the online photo database, and work with the marketing team to get all clients images they need before the deadline arrives.
● Work closely with operations team to foster open communication about upcoming installs and any mechanical or dispatch issues that may be encountered with our media.
● Collaborate with staff on new ideas and directions for marketing and communications
● An online photography portfolio demonstrating your camera-wielding prowess!
(Any applications submitted without a digital portfolio WILL NOT be considered)
● Super motivated to be on out the streets of New York taking photos all day rain, hail or shine! (okay maybe not hail)
● Able to operate a Canon DSLR for shooting on the streets of Manhattan, and comfortable with navigating around Manhattan on foot/via subway.
● Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop CC and Lightroom is essential. Knowledge of Illustrator and InDesign is a major plus!
● Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
● Familiarity with SalesForce is a bonus
● Pro-active and self-motivated. This role requires an independent, quick learner
● Thorough worker and especially attentive to details
● Strengths in organization, prioritization, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
● Must be flexible, able to think on your feet, problem solve on the spot and adapt to changing situations or last-minute requests. Be the type of person that picks up the phone when they need something!
● Must be willing to work occasional nights and weekends (once a month at minimum)