- Full Time
Digital Editor, Cowboys & Indians magazine
For more than 25 years, Cowboys & Indians magazine has covered the American West with award-winning stories and visuals that reach a loyal and sizeable international print readership. Equally important to the publication are its ever-growing digital platforms, which include a popular website, weekly eNewsletters, an ecommerce store, digital editions, an emerging mobile footprint, and lively social media accounts.
With that in mind, the magazine is seeking a talented and resourceful digital editor to coordinate and help execute its goals across all online media platforms. We’re looking for an organized and creative all-star who is as comfortable writing and editing web pieces as they are analyzing Google Analytics data or developing a print-to-web piece to be SEO-friendly. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in a wide range of online editing and creation tools. They would ideally possess knowledge of and interest in the American West — its travel destinations, history, icons, entertainment, and rich diversity of cultures.
Some of the duties of this role:
• Coordinating the web publishing schedule for the magazine and producing high-quality pieces online, including repurposed print editorial content, original online content, and sponsored/advertorial rollouts.
• Working in WordPress to keep cowboysindians.com, its homepage, and its article landing pages fresh and engaging.
• Reviewing and posting digital editions of the magazine to serve our digital subscribers consistently, while helping foster and execute ideas for driving digital subscription sales.
• Monitoring Google Analytics and other tools with the digital director to ensure that content, traffic, and engagement goals are met.
• Executing special giveaways, contests, and other online campaigns to create interest in and engagement in our digital platforms.
• Writing and building weekly eNewsletters for editorial and marketing purposes.
• Working on Hootsuite and Sprout Social to plan and execute content strategies on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Assist digital director with marketing and advertising campaigns, circulation projects, and mobile development platforms (iTunes, Google Play, Zinio, etc.).
YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR THIS IF YOU …
• Are inherently organized and pay close attention to details.
• Have no fear of handling many projects simultaneously, and welcome new challenges as you grow in a position.
• Have the skills and desire to achieve the editorial mission and visual aesthetic of a publication using its online platforms.
• Enjoy blogging, writing, and spreading the word about compelling stories and Western lifestyle content.
• Feel confident organizing and inspiring other editors in the quest to engage readers online.
• Thrive in a deadline- and results-oriented environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate digital production/publishing experience
• Familiarity with an ability to analyze Google Analytics and SEO/SEM data
• Located in D-FW area, able to work full-time at C&I’s Dallas HQ
• Proficiency with design and Adobe Creative Suite software
• Proficiency with WordPress and other CMS tools such as Campaign Monitor
• Current references