Supervisor, Account Services
- Full Time
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect you to a career opportunity you’ll love. Cox Communications call center is looking for a customer focused leader to join our team and be the voice of our brand to Motivate, Coach and Develop.
An Account Services Supervisor is part of a supportive, service-oriented team that:
- Supervises, coaches, and develops a team of Account Services Representatives
- Motivates employees to fulfill company strategies, practices and procedures for serving, solving, and selling.
- Educates Account Services Representatives on effectively delivering excellent customer service.
- Inspires their team to exceed performance and service goals and increase revenue through cross-selling.
- Lives the Cox Values, by demonstrating an approach towards people and work that is consistent with the overall values of the company:
Integrity - We do business with honesty and integrity. We meet or exceed the highest ethical standards in all of our business activities. We can be trusted to do what we say we will do. We Live Cox Values.
People - Our employees are our most important asset. They set us apart. We invest in their continuous development and recognize their contributions to our success.
Diversity - Diversity of cultures and ideas makes us stronger; it is a core Value at Cox. We value different approaches, thinking perspectives and people.
Customers - Our customers are our lifeblood. They depend on us to provide reliable, quality products and outstanding service at every opportunity. We count on employees to do the right thing for our customers.
Community - Communities connect us to the people we serve. We are leaders and responsible citizens in the communities where we live and work. At the heart of our Values we support youth, education and environmental sustainability.
Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as a Call Center Supervisor, Account Services, where you will be enhancing the lives of our customers and your career.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Formally and informally coaches and develops the performance of the team to ensure they have the capabilities required to meet targets and increase customer loyalty.
• Applies functional and technical expertise and knowledge of performance standards to provide on-the-job training to team members.
• Reviews performance data (e.g., scorecard, ACE behaviors, monitored calls, etc.) and diagnose performance gaps to identify performance and productivity gaps.
• Discusses Monthly Achievement Plans regularly with Representatives to identify and agree on actions to improve performance.
• Creates and implements individual development plans and related coaching plans to establish behaviors that will lead to improved metrics.
• Monitors calls and evaluates individual Representative effectiveness on key behaviors to provide coaching to improve performance and the customer experience.
• Participates in regular call monitoring calibration sessions to ensure that customer experience standards are consistent applied across the center.
• Implements and documents coaching, performance improvement, and recognition plans, as well as performance evaluations to optimize individual and team performance.
• Hires and builds a team of Representatives that has the ability and resources to achieve performance, diversity, and service goals.
• Collaborates with local HR to plan for and ensure mandatory team and individual training targets are met.
• Implements formal and informal practices and procedures to motivate and recognize employees and ensure employee engagement is high.
• Develops and implements recognition programs to encourage and reward Representatives for meeting targets related to serving, solving and selling.
• Manages day-to-day activities and business to maintain momentum and a sense of urgency toward desired results. Continually focuses driving high standards of performance, correcting performance gaps, and works relentlessly to overcome obstacles and meet or exceed challenging goals.
• Reviews calendar, schedules, and tasks to plan/modify work schedules and ensure customers are served and priorities are achieved.
• Maintains a safe and positive work environment in compliance with all Cox safety policies.
• Resolves complex customer complaints and handles issues escalated by team members in a timely manner.
• Makes recommendations and/or decisions in real time to match capacity to demand and adjust methods of call handling to deliver the customer experience.
• Leads team meetings/huddles to cascade information, coordinate efforts and communicate changes in direction, products, policies, expectations and performance against service, quality and sales goals, processes, and standards.
• Communicates customer concerns, trends, recurring issues, sales and service opportunities, and related issues to higher leadership and within the Customer Care team.
• Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various Cox organizations.
• Reviews Monthly Achievement Plan and Supervisor scorecard regularly with Manager to identify opportunities to improve results
• Collaborates with other departments to ensure that a high quality customer experience is achieved and to resolve system and process problems.
• Collaborates with the Customer Operations team to ensure operational efficiency is achieved.
• Collaborates with Customer Care Manager, Customer Experience team and other Customer Care Supervisors to plan and coordinate efforts to ensure that Customer Care objectives are achieved.
• Controls expenses while meeting or exceeding system revenue goals.
• Ensures that Representatives update all required customer information in a timely fashion.
• Ensures accurate employee compensation by tracking and managing time and labor.
• Manages attendance trackers to track progressive steps for disciplinary action.
• Consults with Human Resources partners to determine eligible time off for employee leaves of absence.
• Approves and manages exceptions and audits to accurately reflect productivity measurements.
• Follows up on required Cox University course completion to keep the knowledge base and required certifications current.
• Reports and follows up on Customer Care tool failure.
• Attends job-related training and informally remains current on Cox’s telephony, data, and video products and offerings, sales and leadership through completion of required/recommended training program.
• High school graduate or GED or equivalent work experience
• 3 years experience working as a team leader/team coach (formal Supervisor position not required) customer service, sales, retention, or retail environment
• 1 year work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) in a work setting
• BA/BS degree in a related field
• 1+ year supervisory experience
• 1+ year experience in Billing or Account Services
• 1+ year experience coaching for improved performance
• Experience monitoring calls or work order quality
• Experience in a position meeting sales goals or coaching people to meet sales goals
• Experience handling escalations from customers
• Experience working in a care center environment with customer experience focus
• Knowledge and proficiency with ICOMS
• Communications industry experience
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.