Data Analyst III - Data Engineer
1 day left
- Full Time
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
Looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join an enterprise reporting and analytics team supporting Cox Communications Enterprise Finance and Accounting as well as our business partners. This person should be comfortable in a data engineering role building data pipelines and ETL processes, have enough business acumen to understand context and intent, and apply these concepts to data solutions. This role will assist in data strategy and design, and develop data-sets for the Finance BI ecosystem to support reporting, analysis & analytical modeling.
Recognized as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and authority on issues related to Business Intelligence applications reporting, analysis, and metrics. This person will exercise an inquisitive mindset to transform business questions into actionable data exploration exercises and data sets using data analysis, modeling, automation, and optimization techniques. Operates with considerable latitude for independent judgment. Provides influence and expertise to cross-functional teams and other stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact corporate results.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Supports and/or leads discussions with multidisciplinary teams to collect functional business requirements, scoping analytical projects, manage expectations and deadlines, and translate needs into technical specifications.
• Supports technical development of solutions to expedite delivery of new datasets, process automation, production of complex models and analyses, including gap assessments, and works to deliver strategies.
• Serves as an organizational consultant on matters relating to data and databases by providing expertise to assist users in meeting their needs.
• Initiates the identification of actionable insights and contribute to the development of business recommendations through effective presentations and communication of results.
• Develops processes and solutions to speed up / expedite the development of datasets, report automation, production of dashboards, complex models, and analyses.
• Extract and manipulate data from a variety of cloud and on-premise based systems for reporting and analytical purposes, including: Oracle databases, Essbase and data cubes, Tableau, SQL Server, and various data sources as needed.
• Report automation and self-service dashboard solutions using combination of tools such as SQL, Tableau, Prep, Alteryx, Informatica and Python.
• Develops automated processes that preserve data integrity by managing the alignment of data availability and integration processes.
• Expertise in creating and optimizing Tableau Datasets and Visualizations.
• Identifies, researches, and resolves discrepancies in an analytical procedure or cross-functional methods.
• Establish and maintain design and development best practices including keeping written procedures to document data processes and ensure best data governance practices are maintained.
• Liaises with CCI Technology/EDS partners for both data-sourcing needs and for “promotion” of data-sets into the enterprise BI layer when/as-needed.
• Leads data collection, cleansing, and validation.
• Conducts day-to-day activities with minimum supervision.
Qualifications:Skills and Qualifications
• 5 or more years of experience required in related field (developing and implementing analytical solutions in Finance, Marketing, Sales or Operations). 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
• Requires strong skills in SQL writing and query optimization.
• Requires experience building data workflows, manipulation of large data sets, or developing data pipelines in analytical tools such as Informatica, Alteryx, Tableau Prep, SQL, SSIS, etc.
• Requires strong skills and experience with reporting and data visualization in analytical tools such as Tableau, Prep, SQL, etc.
• Requires effective proficiency in teamwork, communication, presentation, and time management to work effectively with teams throughout organization, including strong verbal and written communication.
• Experience manipulating large datasets and the ability to extrapolate conclusions from the data.
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline
• Master's degree in a related discipline preferred
• Working knowledge of Tableau and/or visual analytics software tools and best practices
• Working knowledge of Alteryx and/or data transformation tools and best practices
• 3 or more years using Tableau for analysis, visualization & dashboard development
• 3 or more years of experience in database administration and SQL, including SQL tuning/performance optimization
• 2 or more years of experience in Data Warehousing, ETL Development, Data Management tools such as SSIS, Informatica, Datastage, etc
• 1 or more years of experience using Oracle Essbase or integration with data cubes
• 2 or more years of experience using Alteryx for data preparation & modeling
• 1 or more years of experience in OBIEE report and RPD development
• 1 or more years of experience in Java, Python or other programming or scripting languages
• Knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala
• Experience within telecom, consumer package goods, retail, financial services, or consulting industries
• Operational analytics including application for Call Center, Technical Support, Collections, and Customer Experience Analytics
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.