Technology Operations Specialist, E! Entertainment
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Technology Operations Specialist will be an eager contributor to the E! Interactive Technology department. In this role he/she will learn about how the E! Digital business works and how the applications and systems that are maintained contribute to the overall support of both the linear TV network as well as the publishing news desk. The Technology Operations Specialist will support all of the roles in the department become better streamlined by enforcing operational practices that make the department more efficient entity. The Technology Operations Specialist’s responsibilities will include working with the Product and Operations (Product Ops) teams to intake short term/maintenance based work into the department and organize/plan tasks accordingly. This candidate will also filter for the quality of the requests are well defined, organized, finite, and actionable or they will follow up with short term stakeholders individually for clarifications.
He/she will also work closely with the Project Management Organization (PMO) to balance development resources for long term projects vs the day-to-day digital business initiatives so that the brand can remain successful. This individual will have to be clear and transparent with resource level re-adjustments so that the PMO can notify stakeholders of project impacts or delays due to resource constraints. In certain situations short term tasks have higher priority relative to tasks within a long term-high profile project.
The role will also be a liaison to some of the technology vendors that the department works with so that we can track technical work inside/outside of the department, key dates/deliverables, and monitor the quality of our vendor’s. This role will also be in charge of overseeing the support queue to evaluate the timing for solutions to critical issues. The candidate will be working with the QA team to make sure fixes go out safely and making sure to notifying the correct groups to the status. This also includes rotating the after-hours and weekend support schedules regularly. The Technology Operations Specialist will be paramount to the success of our digital platforms because they will be the glue that holds our people, process and our technologies together.
• Proficient with ticket management and tracking systems like JIRA
• Minimum 1-2 years experience contributing to written documentation or training manuals
• Minimum of 1-2 years experience managing people, process, and/or communications
• Strong understanding of digital platforms and digital content publishing
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #51541BR)
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be a current contractor with E!
• Experience adapting communication styles to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Experienced in planning and measuring a team’s velocity as well as organizing work dependencies in the most streamlined way possible to achieve the quickest accurate delivery
• Must be organized on a daily and multi-sprint basis which includes being able to absorb off cycle changes/impacts into their pre-planned work
• Strong track record of communication skill both written and verbal – short form and long form
• Must be detail oriented and adept at multi-tasking
• Experience making on-the-spot decisions and owning them through to completion
• Must be a clear and transparent broadcaster of new features. bug fixes, operations, and changes that impact the development team
• Strong understanding or passion to learn web based technologies
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.