Video Specialist, Digital Operations, E! Entertainment
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
We’re looking for a solutions oriented individual who enjoys diving into issues and figuring out creative solutions. The Digital Operations Team supports Editorial, Technology, Ad Sales, Research, Development, and International Teams across our owned & operated and distributed digital platforms. You should be proactive, strong communicator, with experience in digital video operations. As the Video Specialist at E! News, your responsibility is to ensure the video workflow is fully optimized for short-form content. You are the point person when issues occur with video encoding and know who to call to escalate. You support the daily and Red Carpet livestreams that appears on our digital properties. And as the Video Specialist, you manage the workflow of our content delivery network (CDN).
RESPONSIBILITIESOversee the video workflow processes including: encoding, transfer protocols, content delivery networks (CDN), content management systems (CMS), video player customization, closed captioning, ad targeting and feed distributionWork on a variety of video file formats including but not limited to: MPEG-DASH, FLV, M3U8, etcCoordinate between cross-functional teams (vendors, development, IT, QA, operations, marketing, business development, etc.) to assist in launching new video products, workflow features, site features and promotions for existing product linesCoordinate livestream video operations, short-form video business goals, and video syndication strategiesSupport live streaming events on multiple digital platformsSupport video publishing workflow and delivery operations for cross-functional business unitsCoordinate the discovery, definition, design, architecture, development, and deployment of new products, features and servicesContinuously monitor and improve distribution efforts to meet group goals and objectivesProvide clearly communicated status and milestones to executive stakeholders on a regular basisProvide product ideas and feedback for management considerationRemote coverage will occasionally be requiredSome weekend and late-night/early morning hours needed due to web operations and deployment requirementsAdditional duties and tasks assigned as needed
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• BA or BS and a minimum of 4 years of digital video experience
• Broad technical experience with desktop, mobile web, mobile app and emerging platforms
• Experience working with video integrations on digital platforms
• General knowledge of video workflows including transcoding, metadata and player technology
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to deliver under tight deadlines
• Solutions-oriented and have ability to innovate
• Experience with JIRA or other similar ticketing system
• Excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to influence stakeholders
• Proven ability to make smart and fast trade-offs plus experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions of business value
• Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet goals and deadlines
• Proficient with MS Office software (Power Point, Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook)
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Exceptionally strong communication skills and the ability to articulate a clear POV
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #51543BR)
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be a current contractor with E!
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
E! is the only global, multiplatform brand for all things entertainment, pop culture and lifestyle. We eat, sleep and breathe pop culture, delivering exclusive breaking news and in-depth celebrity coverage, red carpet livestreams, TV scoop, lifestyle trends and tips, and what's trending in pop culture now. E! News' innovative, original video production capabilities include our Emmy-nominated E! Live 360 red carpet app experience; the first fully-produced and popular show for Snapchat, The Rundown; engaging, informative and fun Instastories on Instagram; and a lineup of studio-based productions created for social platforms like Facebook and Twitter Live. Our linear TV shows E! News and Daily Pop air in more than 150 countries, with 110 million viewers worldwide in 26 languages.
E! News is the leading daily pop culture show, featuring the biggest and most-talked about stories of the day. Hosted by Jason Kennedy and Giuliana Rancic, E! News covers the day’s hottest topics in pop culture and entertainment in a fast-paced, social and entertaining way tailored to a young, hyper-connected audience. Airing in more than 160 countries, E! News boasts the youngest and most affluent viewership and is the only truly cross platform pop culture brand with a monthly reach of 80MM+ people across linear and digital in the U.S. alone, and over a billion engagements per month.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.