Social Media Coordinator
4 days left
- Full Time
Sep 13, 2019
Be an important part of Pratt Institute's growing dynamic and collaborative communications and marketing division. Work within Pratt's new Web and digital communications team to create a digital strategy that is transformative, user-centric, and outstanding among our peers.
Pratt's Communications and Marketing division requires a new Social Media Coordinator to be a key member of Pratt's Web and Digital Marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Web and Digital Communications and collaborating with our digital communications, editorial, creative, marketing, and client services teams the Social Media Coordinator will build and execute social media strategies that drive innovative, integrated, multi-platform, and cross-institutional communications while maximizing the potential of social media outlets for enhancing the Institute's reputation through increased visibility of the Institute's initiatives, engagement of new audiences, and promotion of news, events, and accomplishments related to its programs, faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- working with the Director of Web and Digital Communications, serving as a strategic leader on all social media strategies, initiatives and services for the Pratt community, executing on said strategies every day in an organized, timely, and relevant manner commensurate with the nature of social media as a communications form,
- collaborating with digital communications, editorial, creative, marketing, and client services teams as well as cross-institutional stakeholders in the conceptualization,
development, and production of all social media content, posts, and engagement;
- utilizing analytics, reporting, and data analysis strategies to gauge the success of all social media initiatives, understand audiences, inform decisions, and advise colleagues regarding effectiveness, engagement, etc.; ensuring positive and bountiful engagement results.
- identifying, growing, and engaging with existing and new digital audiences,
- serving as an effective ambassador for Pratt social media both internally and external to the institution; serving as a public-facing "voice" for the Institute by managing content in all social media engagements while collaborating with other
stakeholders to establish editorial voice, style, etc.,
- serving as a cross-institutional collaborator, working to identify and unite new
social media strategies and initiatives with pre-existing efforts on campus in order to build a comprehensive social media program for the Institute; engaging with cross-institutional stakeholders in the development of said program,
- ensure that the Institute's social media ecosystem is interconnected with its website and other platforms where relevant, following established information architecture and interface design, analytics, and SEO requirements,
- ensuring Pratt's social media presences adhere to the current branding and visual identity practices and standards of the Institute as a whole, including any graphic design standards that may be developed as part of a social publishing strategy,
- serving as the Institute's expert on new platforms, trends, methods and means of social media use by remaining aware of and engaging with new developments in the space and sharing that information with relevant stakeholders,
- identifying and engaging with new social platforms that may enable new growth and engagement across local, national, and international audiences as identified by the communications strategic plan and other cross-institutional audiences,
- providing positive, timely, and results-driven customer service to cross-institutional stakeholders in all interactions,
The ideal candidate is a nimble strategic thinker and results-driven producer with a strong sensibility for storytelling. The candidate is a community-minded champion for authentic social media and audience engagement with a proven history of developing and producing innovative, vibrant social media strategies for cultural organizations or institutions of higher education similar to the Pratt Institute. The candidate will remain empathetic to the Institute's community of undergraduates and graduates who are studying an interdisciplinary curriculum spanning art, design, architecture, information and library science, and liberal arts and science; the candidate will also possess the ability to imagine, grow, and engage with external audiences. The candidate should be both an "early adopter" and an easy adaptor, have a strong fluency in emerging and ever-changing trends in digital media, technical platforms, popular culture, and the various social trends that drive relevant audiences, which are both local and global.
Bachelor's degree in a related field required
Five-plus years of digital experience and social media management in a similar institution or organization
Extensive experience conceptualizing, posting, managing and analyzing creative, innovative social media campaigns
Strong time, organizational, content management, and production skills; strong facility with and passion for data analytics reporting and analysis
Exceptional understanding of historical, current, and emerging social media platforms and their surrounding digital space; ability to develop and execute comprehensive and cohesive social media strategies across multiple platforms
Acute sensitivity to the pace and timeliness required in the management of social media campaigns.
Strong sense of social judgement; ability to think through the ramifications of audience engagement in the digital space while simultaneously responding in real-time.
Demonstrated, innate sense of historical, current, and emerging visual and written styles, trends, and memes in popular culture and the social-digital space
Demonstrated ability to manage digital audiences across various platforms, including the identification and triage of sensitive situations
Demonstrated expertise in audience identification and development across multiple social platforms over the course of time.
Proven success working closely with strategic communicators and administrative colleagues to develop effective social media strategies
Strong sense of ownership for campaign success
Experience developing standards, schedules and workflow processes to meet deadlines and client needs
Experience using Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and other relevant social platforms; experience managing content and workflows with tools such as Asana, Slack, and Sprout Social. Adobe Creative Suite, Apple OS and Microsoft Office Suite a plus.
Familiarity with higher education communications supporting recruitment, fundraising, engagement and academic program marketing a plus
A completed application, cover letter, and resume, submitted through the Pratt Institute Interfolio website is required. A digital portfolio demonstrating successful social media campaigns is required.
Please submit all application materials online via the "Apply Now" button to the right. Applications must be submitted through this online process to be considered by the search committee, and selected candidates will be contacted through this process. No phone calls, LinkedIn messages, emails, or drop-ins, please.
Candidates selected for the interview process will be asked to provide five references via our on-line reference tool system, at least two of which must be references who have been your direct supervisor.
About Pratt Institute
Founded in 1887, Pratt Institute is a global leader in higher education dedicated to preparing its 4,600 undergraduate and graduate students for successful careers in art, design, architecture, information, and liberal arts and sciences. Located in the cultural hub of New York City with historic campuses in Brooklyn and Manhattan, Pratt is a living lab of craft and creativity with esteemed professors and scholars who challenge their talented students to transform their passion into meaningful expression.
About Pratt's Communications and Marketing Division
At Pratt, we have a unique opportunity to build a collaborative communications and marketing model unlike most institutions of higher education, because our faculty and students, staff, and alumni/ae do the work of design and storytelling in everything they do. Partnering with our colleagues to promote their students and programs, to coown the Institute's brand, and to develop effective new communications channels makes the work of Pratt's Communications and Marketing team so much more resonant, innovative, and supportive to the Institute. Our team of talented experts in varied media is committed to providing the robust, multichanneled, and collaborative communications, and marketing operation our Institute deserves, reflecting the same level of creativity, design, collaboration, and problem solving that is expected from our students and faculty.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.