Director of Ad Technology
- Full Time
The Director of Ad Technology is a key role within HBO with the key mission of empowering the advertising teams with better media buying capabilities by: ensuring data is accurately collected and can be leveraged, ensuring our buying platforms are seamlessly integrated and ensuring our overall ad tech strategy is forward-thinking and poised to take advantage of ever-evolving capabilities within the ad tech space.
This is a technology leadership role in the digital media group. His/Her primary responsibility will be ensuring that media campaigns and strategies are fully empowered by the ad technology we deploy. This will require both understanding digital media capabilities and tactics, while also understanding the technical foundation needed to support effective digital campaigns. From supporting dynamic creatives, to make full use of our first-party data, to understanding how to reach our audience across multiple-channels with the right frequency, sequence and consistent message – our digital media campaigns can only be as good as our technology foundation empowers them to be.
We’re looking for someone passionate, driven, curious and constantly looking to adopt new technology and take advantage of new trends. This individual will need to understand the tactical level, but more importantly, can envision the big picture and ensures our tactical implementations contribute to an over-arching strategic roadmap.
- Develop and implement long-term ad-technology strategy to support today’s advertising needs, as well as set us up to take advantage of tomorrow’s evolving technology.
- Support current tech stack and evolve the stack to take better advantage of our data – empowering more targeted, more relevant and more efficient advertising campaigns.
- Lead an in-house ad-technology team – fostering learning and growth.
- Manage an agency support ad-technology team. The agency team is an extension responsible for implementation, ad trafficking and ensuring agency buying teams effectively use the tech platforms.
- Be the key liaison between marketing teams and development/product teams – ensuring the ad tech product requirements are being implemented by product teams.
- Foster relationships with key tech platform partners (Google, Facebook, Neustar, etc.) and foster new relationships with key tech vendors who can add value to our stack.
- Develop in-take process for tech requests from digital marketing teams, and ensure prioritization and implementation are being appropriately moved forward
- Minimum 10 years of experience working within ad technology
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing an ad technology team
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing ad technology vendor relationships
- Experience architecting end-to-end ad technology infrastructures to support advanced digital advertising campaign capabilities
- Fluent expertise within Google Tech Stack: DCM, DV360, SA, GA360, GTM
- Working experience with other DSPs: Appnexus, Tradedesk, etc.
- Fluent expertise with DMPs and data on-boarders: LiveRamp, Neustar, BlueKai
- Fluent expertise in social ad platform setup (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat)
- Experience architecting media data ingestion pipelines:
- Experience with DT log files and GA log files
- Preferred experience with Google Cloud, Big Query, and ADH implementations
- Experience implementing and operating Mobile Attribution and Mobile Analytics platforms
- Strong ability to work with development teams, and understand how to translate marketing team needs into actionable needs from developers
- Strong ability to present to executive teams
- Strong ability to understand digital marketing teams business needs