Director of Digital Audience Development
- Full Time
The Director of Digital Audience Development will play a key leadership role within the digital media team. His/her primary mission is developing the overall digital audience strategy, working to implement the strategy across business units and ensure that the strategy is constantly evolving to take full advantage of new capabilities and technologies.
How do we better leverage the vast amount of first-party, behavioral and third-party data at our disposal to more accurately reach consumers with the relevant message, at the right time, in the right way? How do we effectively reach our audience, while preventing ad fatigue, across numerous line of business campaigns: Acquisition, Tune-In, Brand, Retention. Further, how do we effectively reach our audiences across linear (tv, print, OOH) and digital channels? Which audiences are more receptive to which mediums, and how can we build audience journeys across all channels (digital and linear)? These are the questions the Director of Audience Development should constantly be asking and challenging themselves with.
The digital audience practice sits at the center of a multitude of digital marketing teams, the digital media team, and the agency – and is responsible for ensuring media campaigns are targeting the right audiences and allocating audience budgets appropriately based on accurate addressable sizes. This role will lead that practice. We’re looking for someone passionate, curious, driven and someone who wants to challenge and push our audience strategy to new levels.
- Responsible for supporting digital media teams in their overall digital audience strategy across different lines of business, and a plethora of campaigns
- Owner of audience targeting and activation strategy, and responsible for advancing it to always take advantage of technology and data advancements
- Lead an in-house digital audience team – fostering learning and growth
- Manage an agency digital audience team in activation of audiences in platform, integration with agency media teams and ensure follow-through from audience strategy
- Lead the development and identification of appropriate audiences for campaigns: where to find them, when to reach them and appropriately size out the addressable opportunity to fuel a key part of the media planning process.
- Partner with agency data science team, and in-house marketing analytics group, to develop the best testing and attribution plans for campaigns – at an audience level
- Develop propensity, look-a-like and LTV models for better audience targeting in collaboration with agency data science and in-house marketing analytics teams.
- Develop audience segmentation for media targeting working within Neustar (current data on-boarder and DMP) and GA360 audiences tools.
- Partner closely with the Director of Ad Technology to ensure needed data points are being collected and data is ingested into ad buying platforms so it can be fully leveraged
- Routinely communicate digital audience strategy to executives
- Minimum 10 years of experience within digital media, working within audience development and targeting
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading a digital media team
- Agency and/or entertainment experience a plus.
- Experience and fluency within multi-channel digital media campaign strategy, activation, and attribution
- Experience and comfort working within heavy data sets to segment audiences
- Strong ability and history of working with data science teams to translate digital marketing business objectives and achieve accurate data science outputs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills