Web Producer/Content Manager - News Website & Magazine
National Review is a leading conservative political news website, magazine and digital membership experience. We are looking for a multi-talented Content Manager/Web Producer to join our industry-leading team to work with editors, product managers, designers, and engineers to further improve the display & curation of content on our website, social channels and more. This is an opportunity to join an iconic media brand as it transitions to an industry-leading digital media company and continues to experience exponential growth.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in web content management, writing and editing for the web, and site management — bonus points if you have experience in managing social accounts for media brands, video editing/ production experience, building photo galleries, or SEO experience. The website content manager will be responsible for web production & content management across all aspects of the organization’s online presence and for maintaining site standards.
We'll trust you to:
- Help create and manage production of content in a variety of formats including articles, photo galleries, videos, podcasts, and email
- Serve as a resource for content expertise - answer internal and external questions on content production, publishing processes and procedures as well as editorial matters
- Raise, discuss, and resolve content production issues
- Curate content on main landing pages to optimize user experience
You'll need to have:
- Experience (1-2 years) in an online publishing or content management role — News and/or Politics background preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, political science, or another digital media field preferred
- Is comfortable producing content for a range of platforms: web, mobile, and social
- An analytical mind who is simultaneously scientific and creative in their approach to using data to make content decisions
- Basic knowledge of HTML (preferred)
- Flexibility with work hours that will involve time outside the 9-to-5 weekday hours; off-shift work required in urgent news situations
- Intellectual vigor & zeal for politics
Bonus points for:
- Web Video editing & production, building photo galleries, podcasting
- Social media posting experience (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Reddit)
- SEO/ Search Engine Optimization chops
- Photo Editing Software & Web Analytics
Candidates must reside in the Greater NYC area as the position is based in Midtown Manhattan.
To Be Considered:
Please email cover letter & resume.
Place 'MB: NR Content Manager 2019' in the Subject Line