All Media Journalist I
- Full Time
This part-time AMJ/Social Content Producer would be responsible for covering events, food/dining, arts/entertainment and the cultural scene in the Dayton area.
This work would serve all CMGO platforms, including Dayton.com, Dayton Daily News, WHIO-TV and others as needed.
Position includes creation of articles and other content such as lists, photos, videos and digital interactives and search-optimized content. Duties also include social media and newsletter programming and site/app production. This position also serves as backup for weekday content distribution through social media, newsletter, site programming and app programming and notifications.
- Lifestyles and entertainment themed articles, digital and mobile first but to also appear in printed newspaper, including restaurant news and features, food deals, attractions and entertainment and dining guides.
- Previews and live coverage of events, including weekends and evenings
- Focus on mobile-first and/or alternative content presentation, such as interactives, maps, and quizzes
- Creation of videos and photo galleries, including taking photos, editing and posting to digital platforms
- Social media coverage of local events, including Facebook Live, Instagram stories and posting to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram feeds and interaction/engagement with audience
- Curation and aggregation of content, including social media
- Analyzing site metrics, social media performance and local/national trending content to determine content subject matter
- Social media and newsletter programming
- Site and mobile app management, including editing/updating site homepages and sending push alerts
- Job responsibilities may change over time depending on technology and company priorities
- Strong written language and communication skills
- Is highly productive and produces accurate work at high volume
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Good at prioritizing work and managing time
- Is familiar with and an active participant in social media
- Strong skills with digital tools and technology
- Ability to read and interpret social, page view and visit metrics
Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related field.Experience in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, social media or related media field preferred. Education and experience in digital, television, radio or newspaper platforms preferred1-3 years’ experience in newsgathering organization preferred. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record due to expectations of driving to cover news/events
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.