- Full Time
Job Title: Commerce Strategist
Reports to: VP of Commerce
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Portland, NYC, Chicago
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
The Commerce Strategist will work with the VP of Commerce to help build and manage the commerce strategy across our brands: Digital Trends, Digital Trends ES, and The Manual.
You’ll be responsible for collaborating with our edit, data and business teams to optimize existing content and placements across all verticals in addition to pitching new ideas. You’ll be data driven to a fault, as you guide our commerce team to take action on insights resulting in revenue growth.
You will own the development of our commerce team’s data infrastructure and champion it’s evolution. You’ll identify and drive actionable insights around strategic products and solutions that resonate and connect with the needs of our readers, while never losing sight of our core values and voice.
From a day to day perspective, you will be responsible for managing our optimization strategy and providing strategic revenue direction for our content and business teams. You will track key performance metrics and audience insight data to ensure our content is engaging and high impact. This is an exciting opportunity to be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing and evolving department.
What You'll Do:
- Align business and audience objectives to content decisions and investment
- Lead development of content plans including when and how to produce or procure content
- Provide governance guidance across the content lifecycle
- Determine deployment cadence and outlets
- Own content measurement standards
- Provide guidance to clients on best practices for content strategy and content marketing initiatives
- Analysis of content, partners, products and design data and the communication of actionable insights as they relate to achieving revenue goals.
- Analysis of external and behavioral data including but not limited to; keywords, seasonality, demographics, audience
- Own communication and execution of action plans around key insights
- Combine editorial, sales and optimization calendar for optimal efficiency
- Own commerce calendar and development of editorial strategy
- Identify top performers and opportunities and define optimization and a/b test plan
- Own creation and evaluation of performance dashboards in collaboration with bi team
- Own integration and rule set for affiliate data pipelines
- Commerce, content, sales and optimization dashboards
- Standardize and automate repetitive tasks as it relates to data evaluation and reporting
- Team owner of documentation, education and training of performance dashboards and usage
- Support growth of commerce newsletter and social channels through KPI analysis and development of action plan
- A/B Test analysis
- Copy/CTA, affiliate placements (design & location)
- Social & newsletter KPIs
- Other duties as assigned
What We Require:
- Minimum of three years of experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or relevant work experience
- Knowledge of SEO and effective digital inbound strategies
- Knowledge of the latest digital tools, vendors and trends with perspective on how to apply them to client business
- Experience working in a startup like environment
- Experience working with remote teams
- Willingness to travel up to twice a month
- A natural curiosity
- The ability to create comprehensive strategy from overall objective through to content pillars and types of content needed to achieve success
- Knowledge of content distribution best practices (including proper mediums and cadence) and experience designing content calendars
- An understanding of content architecture i.e. how content must be classified and structured to be consumed by search engines, back end systems and effectively maintained by editorial teams
- An ability to connect brand to content tone of voice through guidelines and examples
- Strength collaborating with team members – including remote team members – such as data analysts, editorial, sales and SEO
- The ability to unearth relevant case studies, data points and consumer insights to strengthen an overall story
- An editorial eye to help identify relevant topics of interest and the right way to shape content for an audience
- The ability to create effective briefs and decks to guide content execution
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- The ability to self-start, wrangle ambiguity and manage time effectively
- Be hardworking, dedicated and detail-oriented
- Ability to pivot quickly and change course seamlessly
What’s In It For You:
- Exceptional benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter transit and parking benefits, paid parental leave, sabbatical leave after 5 years of service, flexible paid time off, life insurance, company-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Fun working environment! Our perks include: free beer and kombucha on tap, free espresso, free drinks and snacks, foosball table & ping pong table, big-screen TVs, bike racks, in-office shower, in-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews), full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid Tri-Met pass (PDX)
- Free membership to gym within building (PDX)
Digital Trends is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage, value and honor diversity.