6 days left
- Full Time
Cox Media Group-Pittsburgh is looking for an outgoing self-starter, to join our traffic team at WPXI.
Our ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, take charge
of their position and provide excellent support to our staff of sales
The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented and work well independently. Organization skills are a must in order to succeed in this fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. In addition, the Traffic Assistant needs to communicate effectively with internal departments, vendors, cross-functional partners and coworkers. The ideal candidate is a highly proactive individual who is willing to take initiative while working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Strong analytical skills are needed to join this exciting and fast-paced organization. As part of the WPXI Traffic Team, you will be responsible for configuring, monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing our daily logs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with inventory, program formats, process and download Station logs.
- Back-up other position in the traffic department as needed.
- Works closely with Local Sales Account Executives, National and Local Sales Assistants, Engineering, Programming and Promotions departments.
- Other duties assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Preferred two to three years related experience and/or training
- Prior Traffic Assistant experience is a plus
- Experience on Wide Orbit Traffic System preferred
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills—full command of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize and multi task many projects at one time
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to the changing demands of our environment
- Very organized and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication ability in person and on the telephone
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.