Public Affairs Coordinator
- Full Time
Cox Media Group – Orlando, WFTV/WRDQ has an opening for a part-time Public Affairs Coordinator.
- Our Public Affairs Coordinator assists the Public Affairs Director on WFTV 9 Family Connection and WRDQ 27 Community Connection partnerships, social media, web stories and attending community events.
- Other duties include working with our current partners and news team on custom content for the 9family.com and TV27.com web pages and helping spread brand awareness of both community outreach programs through social media.
- The Public Affairs Coordinator needs to be professional, self-motivated, pro-active and well spoken
- Candidates should have strong writing, oral and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to solve complex problems and work well under pressure.
- Candidates should also be very detailed, focused, organized and able to manage different projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills should include a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge in editing software such as Adobe Premiere is a plus.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.