Director, Distribution & Strategic Development
Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Drive business case and ROI analysis to senior management with long-term growth strategies for Telemundo digital business portfolio in cooperation with internal executive stakeholdersRepresent the department on projects with Comcast, NBCU, Telemundo and external business partnersPartner with NBCU Distribution, NBCU DTC, Research, Finance, Business Affairs, Pricing & Planning, and Sales on valuation, modeling and analysis business decisions to optimize total revenueDrive contract negotiations to ensure that specific business, operational and implementation requirements are incorporated into agreements and manage internal stakeholder departmental approvals
This role will be key to continue to strategically position Telemundo Enterprises Revenue Innovation on a path of continuous profitable growth. The Director of Strategic Development will be in charge to identify, develop, present and advocate for incremental investments and resource allocation yielding audience, revenue for the business unit. She/he will report to the VP of Distribution and Strategic Development.
The candidate will need to have superior leadership, research, analytical, financial modeling, problem solving, and presentation skills. She/he will focus on creating short, medium- and long-term strategies to extract incremental value form Telemundo’s current and future IP through Global Digital Distribution, DTC, VOD, SVOD, AVOD, TVOD, TVE, EST and other platforms. This person will be expected to impeccably present and advocate for key business decisions to Sr. Executives from Telemundo and 3rd party enterprises.
She/he is an engaging agent-of-change, strategic disruptor, highly motivated, obsessed with keeping up to date with the latest on Digital and Social businesses, driven by insights and data, effective negotiator, and able to identify business opportunities ahead of the rest, has a remarkable executive presence, communication and influencing skills. Responsibilities include:Influence the rest of the organization with recommendations based on market trends, primary and third-party insights and dataIdentify, develop and advocate strategic and tactical decisions in order to drive audience and revenue growth.Initiate, recommend and foster high-level relationships with strategic partners inside and outside of the company to achieve goals and expand into new areas of opportunity
• B.A. on Business, Finance, or a related field.
• 5 or more years working in Corporate Strategy, Global M&A’s, Business Development or related work in media, new media, consulting, banking, investment firms or information services company
• Strategic thinker with extraordinary business/ financial acumen and analytical skills to identify, develop, advocate and lead incremental business opportunities.
• Has presented to C-Level and Sr Executives in order to persuade, build consensus toward a strategic goal
• Exceptional of knowledge of Global Media Trends, Digital Media, and the U.S. Hispanic Market
• Understands market research methodologies
• Masters quantitative and qualitative analysis and uses this data to drive her/his decisions
• Able to adapt to any audience and impeccably drive objectives through clear communication and priority alignment.
• Proficient in drawing concise commercial conclusions out of data and to translate findings into presentation and communication to executives
• Is a Microsoft Office power user
• Has worked on critical projects that require high levels of confidentiality
• Able to perform under tight deadlines and high pressure
• MBA strongly desired
• Skilled storyteller, both verbally and visually
• Able to sell ideas up, down and across an organization
• Able to manage multiple projects at the same time and tight deadlines
• Proactive, resourceful, forthcoming and creative
• Team player who can also work independently
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.