Senior Communications and Marketing Associate
- Full Time
ABOUT HOMES FOR THE HOMELESS, INC.
Homes for the Homeless, Inc. (HFH) is a non-profit social services organization operating family shelters throughout NYC that serve as a hub of opportunity for families both residing in shelter as well as those in the neighboring community. On-site programs range from childcare, early childhood education centers, afterschool clubs and programs, and youth recreation activities, such as sports teams, to housing assistance, case management, parenting workshops, career and job vocational training, support groups and substance abuse assistance, and family engagement and recreation events for the whole family.
ABOUT THE POSITION
HFH is seeking a Senior Communications and Marketing Associate to manage external facing projects for the Institute and its affiliates under the direction of the Managing Director of Communications and Marketing. The Communications and Marketing team is responsible for all communications and external affairs including media relations, public relations, and government relations; social media; conference and event planning; publication design, production, and distribution; database management; writing and editing publications, press releases, all collateral materials, op/eds, talking points, blogs, and other materials as needed; Web site content; public service announcements, ads, and promotional activities including non-profit book sales; in-house photography and videography; and coordination with outside vendors.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Proactive and reactive media relations and strategy with an emphasis on local NYC outlets.
• Reporting, researching, writing, fact checking, and copy-editing content for multiple web sites, and collateral and press materials, including but not limited to brochures, fact sheets, and annual reports.
• Managing production process for a variety of projects including coordination with graphic artists, freelancers, and vendors; review of proofs; and, establishing protocols for electronic and hard copy archives for both print and digital collateral materials (such as advertisements, brochures, flyers, outreach items and uniforms, and signage).
• Developing, analyzing, and distributing regular reports for web sites, social media, advertising, and outreach.
• Maintaining contribution and donor relations including database entry, acknowledgement letters, and reporting.
• Coordinating external relations including representing HFH and affiliates at volunteer, donor, or community events, coordinating with outside partners.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in communications, public relations, or marketing.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interest in social services, education, and non-profit sectors.
A COVER LETTER AND WRITING SAMPLE ARE A REQUIRED COMPONENT OF A JOB APPLICATION.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Google Analytics, Word Press, Constant Contact CRM, and Adobe Suite a plus
In order to attract and retain a high-performance workforce, Homes for the Homeless offers a dynamic and rewarding work environment, with a focus on ensuring an appropriate work-life balance. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance (including medical, dental, and vision), an employer-funded 403(b) retirement plan, commuter benefits, life insurance, Work/Life Assistance Program, 3 weeks paid vacation, and ample personal and sick leave.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Homes for the Homeless is committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment, and prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on age, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, arrest or conviction, domestic violence victim status, familial status, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law.