Vice President, Media Sales - Cox Media (Division of Cox Communications)
- Full Time
Are you driven to succeed and looking to work for the best in the media advertising industry? Are you a leader who will inspire other leaders? Bring your ambition to Cox Media! We are looking for a Vice President of Media Sales who can hit the ground running and motivate a passionate and energetic team of sales professionals.
Our teams sell the most innovative digital media and TV advertising solutions in the marketplace. Our robust portfolio of in-demand advertising solutions connects advertisers to today’s top sports, entertainment and information networks on cable television. “Anyone, anywhere, any screen” is at the center of every advertising plan with Cox Media, and the foundation of our history of success.
To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Winners Circle and other award programs – we celebrate success!
- Career advancement across the Cox Enterprises portfolio
- Work-life balance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
- 401(K) with generous company match
- Mentoring and training programs
- Commitment to our communities through volunteer opportunities
Our teams represent the most reputable brands in the industry including ESPN, AMC, FX, Bravo and many more. Our digital product offerings allow us to reach targeted audiences using geo-conversion zones, keyword and search retargeting, video pre-roll and location-based audience segments. We are looking to hire an energetic, passionate senior leader who will drive their team to succeed in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
The VP of Media Sales will oversee and lead the activities of the Las Vegas Cox Media market and be located in Las Vegas, NV. The VP is held accountable to achieve growth in revenue and profit objectives.
Our VP serves as the local “face of the company” to effectively operationalize the vision and goals of the overall enterprise in the market, and the “face of the customer” to the center to ensure customer needs are reflected in enterprise strategies. They will also be responsible for building a high impact organization and recruiting, training, and motivating talented leaders and employees.
- Provides leadership to create and coordinate resources to achieve market P&L and operating objectives.
- Develops and implements short and long-range, targeted growth strategies that significantly increase revenue, account base and profit margins.
- Collaborates with peer functional leaders in marketing, operations and sales to align overall priorities, track and measure progress and drive appropriate changes to achieve Cox Media goals.
- Provides local execution of company vision and strategies, and effectively communicates and executes these strategies consistently across the entire employee base in the assigned market.
- Hires, trains, motivates and guides direct reports and local employees. Ensures a participative work environment that will attract and maintain a workforce of talented and satisfied employees.
- Develops and maintains market intelligence and an understanding of market and economic trends, client business needs, and industry reactions to the company's initiatives and industry environment.
- Leads development and implementation of sales structure in the local markets designed to drive high customer satisfaction, reduce cost to serve, lower churn, and ultimately increase revenue with all customer segments.
- Develops and monitors metrics for maximizing performance and establishes annual budget targets for all products and lines of business to meet company objectives,
- Provides guidance and feedback to corporate partners to ensure the proper training / skill development and selection tools are available for sales consultants and other functional employees.
- Effectively executes business goals in a shared services environment – including fulfillment, IT and client services.
- Develops close partnership with other field VPs to foster consistency in execution across all standardized roles, teams, strategies and tactics.
- Works with product management teams and local specialists for effective product rollout, budgeting and sales execution of each product.
- Leverages extensive network contacts and relationships in a way that creates a competitive advantage for Cox Media as well as identifies and maximizes opportunities to build relationships in the community.
- Ensures that operation conforms to local, state and federal governmental regulations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- BS/BA degree strongly preferred; Masters’ degree a plus.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience within the cable industry or relevant experience. Specific experience in media sales strongly preferred. Experience managing high-performing sales teams with quotas required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated presentation skills.
- A strong bottom-line, market-driven orientation with the ability to translate ideas into tangible business plans.
- Functional experience that encompasses knowledge of advertising, marketing, sales, customer service, finance, human resources, and operations (including best practices).
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.