Director, Analytics Consulting & Insights
4 days left
- Full Time
The Director, Sales Analytics Consulting & Insights will oversee a client-facing team that is responsible for the creation and presentation of commercially-oriented insights to OEMs (including Senior Executives), their ad agency partners, and to industry influencers. The primary function is to develop substantive strategies and insights leveraging the unmatched richness of Cox Automotive’s consumer shopping and research data together with market level analysis of macro-level web behaviors and perceptions relative to the OEM brands. The desired outcome of this work is to build the Kelley Blue Book and Autotrader brands, position us as a sought after industry thought leader, and to position our offerings as indispensable.
This highly visible role within the automotive ecosystem will require that the Director passionately advocate and market the analytic-driven insights created by our cross-functional teams. This position proactively supervises Sr. Manager and Analyst level personnel, while reporting to Sr Director of Analytics. Primary Duties and key responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of the strategy and vision for the sales analytics team; be a key partner to the General Manager of Media and the OEM sales leadership teams in communicating and executing that strategy and vision.
- Collaborate closely with Sales leadership to bring commercial insights to ad agencies and prospects for the purpose of driving new revenue
- Provide insight into OEM businesses, brands, models, competitive dynamics, and recommended actions via thorough analysis of data and trends
- Challenge ad agencies with comprehensive analysis to drive tighter alignment of the brand with their customer segments (tailor market messaging)
- Deliver insights related to the consumer decision journey across multiple sites
- Recognize shifting customer dynamics and work with Sales and Product to propose solutions to exploit new opportunities
- Build internal relationships and collaborate closely with other Cox Automotive Retail Solutions (and Cox Automotive) departments to create visibility and ensure relevance.
- Lead, consult, coach and drive the team to protect current business revenue by identifying and leveraging the appropriate data and insights internally to help tell a compelling story to the Client.
- BS/BA in business management, finance, analytics or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years’ work experience in strategy, analytics, and consulting with at least 5 years’ experience managing resources and providing analytic leadership
- Prior work experience at a publisher, ad agency, or endemic property with exposure to or experience in sales and analytics is desired
- Demonstrated understanding of ad agencies, ad campaigns, and campaign management as well as the customer lifecycle and consumer dynamics
- Strong analytical skills with basic understanding of statistics, web trends, social media and both direct and programmatic media buying
- Must have a desire to partner with Sales to drive new revenue from commercial insight analysis
- Ability to be in front of and interact with clients, present effectively, and communicate with presence
- Ability to creatively and succinctly articulate insights related to analysis via compelling story telling
- Must be able to guide and teach others how to create and deliver compelling stories from analysis output
- Experience in working with executives or strategic planning departments to set and/or manage to corporate level strategies a plus
- Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio, etc.) required
- Travel up to 25%
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.