SEO Specialist I
5 days left
- Full Time
The SEO Specialist I is responsible for delivering on Dealer.com’s Advanced and Premium levels of Search Engine Optimization services to its subscribers to help them achieve their goals. This includes analyzing website performance data (traffic, rankings, etc.), evaluating the clients’ websites, determining what action to take to increase site performance, and collaborating with client, and internal stakeholders like the SEO Copywriter, on a monthly basis on strategy. The Digital Marketing Specialist is the client’s point-of-contact for all organic search related questions and concerns. Besides the monthly scheduled calls to review work and strategize, the client also as direct access to the Specialist via email or phone as needed.
- Communicate with clients via regular monthly conference calls to review website performance, work completed as part of the SEO program, present strategies for the following month, collaborate on additional strategies to help the client achieve their goals, and generally act as consultant for client’s online search presence.
- Act as SEO account manager, providing clients with direct access (call, email) to answer concerns, defend the service by reinforcing the value of Dealer.com’s SEO programs, or save potential cancellations.
- To improve client site performance in search engines, and utilizing Dealer.com's web platform, execute on strategies using strictly white-hat search engine optimization tactics. Including content writing and optimization, metadata optimization, schema markup implementation, canonicaling of URLs, 301 redirects, NAP alignment, and natural backlink building.
- Utilizing Dealer.com's analytics platform, analyze and evaluate website performance including, but not limited to, organic visits, visitors, form submissions, conversion rate, bounce rate, and visibility (keyword ranking data) to determine level of client performance and identify areas of opportunities.
- Write client-facing reports on how website is performing to help them understand the benefits of Dealer.com's SEO program. Reports include details on the impact of the SEO campaign, specific key performance metrics, challenges the site is facing, solutions to those challenges, and the work completed along with the reasoning behind the effort.
- To assist with identification of potential site improvements, utilize 3rd party tools like Copyscape, Majestic SEO, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Trends, and Moz Pro.
- Troubleshoot negative trends in key performance indicators and search engine visibility. With assistance, determine cause of trend and take corrective action.
- Complete search engine related requests from clients like market research, webpage optimization, Google Local optimization, and analysis of analytics on demand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or other related field preferred or equivalent work experience may be considered
- 2-4 years of professional experience
- Understanding of how search algorithms work
- Knowledge of search engine optimization tactics
- Strong customer service and client relationship skills required
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed, driven, and enthusiastic
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Willing to train search engine optimization
- Demonstrable experience creating and executing SEO campaigns
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and broad website concepts
- Previous client relationship, account management, experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.