Assistant Marketing Manager – Penguin Young Readers
Penguin Young Readers Group is seeking an Assistant Marketing Manager to join their team to help manage title-specific marketing campaigns as well as coordinate our calendar of consumer festivals and cons throughout the year. This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing for Middle Grade and Young Adult as well as the Senior Manager on the team.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Assist in coordinating, planning, and executing a full calendar year of consumer festivals/cons throughout the year, working closely with publicity and digital. Specific tasks include coordinating promotional giveaways, creation of branded Penguin content and programming, scheduling a run-of-show, etc.
* Attend key consumer shows as one of the main “on the ground” point people for the division
* Manage integrated marketing campaigns from brainstorming through execution, working closely with Publicity, S&L, Digital Marketing, and creative services
* Liaise with teams outside of the marketing department, including editorial and sales, to fine-tune and execute project details, copy language, etc.
* Generate compelling marketing and advertising copy
* Participate in seasonal brainstorming sessions for newly launched middle grade and young adult books
* Traffic marketing projects in a timely fashion
* Interface with sales team in order to meet needs to achieve sales goals
* Communicate key campaign updates and milestones to internal and external groups
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* At least 3 years experience in marketing and publishing, preferably focused on Middle Grade and Young Adult titles and/or event planning
* Strong project management skills
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Highly-organized and detail oriented
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects
* Self-motivated with a desire to be a team player as well as work independently
* Voracious appetite for Middle Grade and Young Adult literature
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.