Associate Brand Marketing Manager – Penguin Young Readers
The Penguin Young Readers department is searching for a dynamic, collaborative and results-oriented Associate Marketing Manager to develop and implement marketing plans for key brands including Roald Dahl, the Who Was series, Mad Libs, licensed properties, and more.
The Brand Marketing Manager:
* Conceptualizes and implements marketing plans for frontlist titles within key Penguin Young Reader brands
* Develops year long marketing plans and strategies for backlist-driven brands
* Partners with sales department and other members of the marketing department to maximize opportunities for brands across all channels of marketing and sales distribution
* Oversees creation of the promotional materials to support these brands and strategies. This includes writing copy and working closely with the creative services department on execution
* Presents at internal meetings, and with key stakeholders
* Manages the promotional budget line for all assigned brands
* Liaises with estates, studios, and key contacts for all properties to obtain approvals and create cross-promotions
* Minimum 4+ years experience in trade book publishing or licensed merchandise; marketing experience preferred
* Ability to build successful professional relationships
* Extremely detail-oriented and comfortable multitasking
* Ability to work independently and meet project deadlines
* Strong copywriting and communication skills
* Ability to work creatively and think outside of the box
* Excellent presentation skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Young Readers is one of the leading children's book publishers in the United States. The company owns a wide range of imprints and trademarks including Dial Books, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Philomel, Puffin, Speak, Firebird, G. P. Putnam’s Sons, Viking, Razorbill, and Frederick Warne. These imprints are home to such award-winning, New York Times- bestselling authors as Laurie Halse Anderson, Jay Asher, Judy Blume, Jan Brett, Eric Carle, Ally Condie, Roald Dahl, Tomie dePaola, Sarah Dessen, Anna Dewdney, John Flanagan, Gayle Forman John Green, Oliver Jeffers, Mike Lupica, Richelle Mead, B.J. Novak, Richard Peck, Judy Schachner, Jacqueline Woodson and dozens of other popular authors. Penguin Young Readers Group is also the proud publisher of perennial brand franchises such as The Little Engine That Could, the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys series, Peter Rabbit, Spot, the Classic Winnie the Pooh, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Strega Nona, Madeline, Mad Libs, Alex Rider, the Rangers Apprentice, Skippyjon Jones, Flower Fairies, and Pippi Longstocking, among many others. Penguin Young Readers Group is a division of Penguin Group LLC, a Penguin Random House company.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.