Associate Director, Digital Experience
- Full Time
Reports to: Director of Digital Experience
Position Number: 6064
Status: Exempt/Full Time
About the Park
Built between the years 1858 and 1873, Central Park is almost entirely man-made and considered to be a single work of art. Composed of natural elements – turf, woodlands, and water bodies, along with architectural elements, this 843-acre National Historic Landmark receives 42 million visits from over 9 million unique visitors each year. Founded in 1980, the mission of the Central Park Conservancy is to restore, manage and enhance Central Park in partnership with the public.
The Associate Director, Digital will manage the Central Park Conservancy’s website (www.centralparknyc.org) and digital properties. The Conservancy is currently working on a website redesign and migrating to a new CMS. This position will be tasked with creating and enforcing plans for maintenance and measurement to ensure that the new site is successful beyond launch. The Associate Director, Digital will iteratively improve the usability and design of the site, add new features and enhancements, and implement new integrations with third-party software – all with the goal of increasing audience engagement and furthering business objectives. Responsibilities also include daily website administration, digital campaign management, and reporting.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to coordinate, manage, and execute daily updates to the website; troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Develop and execute website roadmap and annual operating plan, prioritizing projects that align with larger communications and organizational initiatives.
- Work with external vendors to plan and manage projects including: development, design, A/B and usability testing, third party integrations, and marketing/fundraising campaigns. Ensure that projects are completed on budget and on time.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define goals and manage project plans for digital projects, including: website rebranding, upgrades to digital maps, integration of customizable visitor tools, and other initiatives that increase user engagement and support organizational objectives.
- Ensure that digital properties have a best-in-class user experience for all audiences and adhere to accessibility guidelines.
- Support other digital properties as needed, including the Conservancy’s intranet site, e-commerce platform, and email service provider.
- Develop governance documentation to ensure a high level of consistency across the website. Ensure that updates and enhancements conform with established online style guide, follow best practices, and are executable within the website’s backend structure.
- Manage the Conservancy’s GitHub repository, including organization and maintenance to ensure website is securely backed up.
- Manage Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and tracking codes to create regular reports on campaigns and key metrics, as well as custom reports as needed. Track ongoing KPIs for the website and make recommendations as needed.
- Manage user accounts and permissions on digital platforms; train and support CPC staff on CMS and web style standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, and 8+ years digital experience
- Experience with a CMS
- Understanding of usability, best practices and optimization for websites, with a focus on responsive design
- Experience project managing developers to deliver digital products/features
- Experience with a mainstream analytics platform (Google Analytics Certification a plus)
- Understanding of website and email analytics, how to interpret the data, report key metrics and recommend strategic actions
- An eye for good graphic design, attention to detail and creativity
- A strategic thinker with strong technical background and analytical skills
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and jQuery a plus
- Experience with e-commerce platforms a plus