Senior Graphics Art Designer
3 days left
- Full Time
The University of Maryland seeks an experienced, versatile and creative Senior Designer to join the team in University Creative. This person will imagine, coordinate and develop a variety of high-priority and high-profile visual communications, including recruitment publications, branding campaigns, special event packages, microsites, HTML emails, online features, and other products to meet the university’s marketing and communications needs.
This position also serves as a senior project manager and designer for high profile university campaigns and projects. The Senior Designer assists the associate director and executive director of University Creative with budgets, resource allocation, staff assignments, scheduling and vendor relations for marketing and campaign initiatives.
The outstanding candidate will be a problem solver, a strategist, a team player and an innovator who enjoys having no two days look alike.
University Creative is committed to high-quality design, efficient service, and client satisfaction. Well-qualified candidates for this position will exhibit outstanding creativity, design expertise and the ability to organize and schedule multiple assignments. They will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to give technical advice and guidance to campus clients preparing project plans and budgets.
The applicant is required to submit a portfolio that demonstrates exceptional skill and creativity in typography, layout, color, form, and composition along with all application materials.
Applicants must provide 3 PDF samples of their work or a portfolio link.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field required.
At least five years of experience with proven excellence in design skills required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Design and design management expertise on a senior level.
• Exceptional portfolio of professional projects demonstrating creativity and unique graphic solutions.
• Expert knowledge of methods, procedures, techniques, and media available for design production.
• Procedures, pricing and techniques applied in the preparation, layout of finished art and presentation of visual material for printing and other purposes.
• Organizational and planning skills, acute attention to detail.
• Client relation skills.
• Command of the English language in grammar and usage.
• Expertise in typography.
• Expertise in Macintosh, Photoshop, Illustrator and related software and hardware and the ability to train interns in these areas.
• Familiarity with sheet-fed and web printing processes and quality control.
• Familiarity with cost-saving techniques and procedures related to pre-press and printing processes.