Assistant News Director
- Full Time
KOCO-TV is searching for a creative and experienced news leader. The ideal candidate will have excellent news judgment, strong management skills and an aggressive approach to breaking news coverage--on the air and online. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, skilled communicator who leads our team in the execution of market-leading breaking news, weather coverage and community service on all platforms daily. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
- Work with the News Director to oversee the day-to-day operation and editorial content of the newsroom
- Plan big event coverage
- Execute the brand, both on air and online
- 2 years of newsroom supervisory and/or management experience
- Strong producing background preferred
- Military training and experience will be considered
- Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Creativity is a must
- Bachelor’s Degree or related military training in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, or related field preferred.