Director of DevOps
- Full Time
Director of DevOps
The Director of DevOps position is responsible for keeping all production, testing and development environments up and running at all times. They are also responsible for coordinating not only the work, but also the communication of any and all changes in these environments to the broader group. It is a role that requires a high level of skill being able to understand and implement topics such as security, availability and scalability, but also being able to manage and mentor other team members in service of that goal.
About Hearst Television
Hearst Television owns and operates 33 television stations and two radio stations, reaching 21 million U.S. television households across 39 states. Our stations operate web, mobile and OTT platforms which reach 30 million unique visitors every month.
Location: US-based with some flexibility. Potential locations include San Francisco, Sacramento, Washington, DC, New York City and Pittsburgh.
On a daily basis, the responsibility of this role will be to monitor the current software and infrastructure that is deployed across all environments, optimize those stacks and in addition, help support new features and requirements. A mature and modern infrastructure will need to be supported across various cloud provider infrastructures. Typical responsibilities will include working with:
• AWS and GCP tools and services
• Build and deployment tools
• Cluster resource management
• Network topologies, configuration and security
• DNS, TLS, certificates
• Encryption methods and vulnerabilities
• Monitoring and Alerting tools
• System log analysis
• BS in Computer Science (MS, Network Security Certification, or other relevant certification is a plus)
• 10+ years working in a network administration or devops role
• 3+ years leading a devops team
• Overall linux knowledge and CLI knowledge
• Strong background in programming in Bash and Python (Golang and NodeJS is a plus)
• Significant Kubernetes and Docker experience (Terraform and Helm is a plus)
• CI/CD build system experience (Travis, CircleCI, Jenkins)
• Strong experience working with alerting and monitoring systems (Datadog and Pagerduty a plus)