Associate Counsel, B&LA, Bluprint
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Oversee assigned legal matters throughout development, production and post-production.Ensure that productions comply with production guidelines and complete legal delivery in an accurate and timely manner.Coordinate with senior attorneys to provide timely and thoughtful advice to internal and external partners and propose practical solutions. Interface with creative, production, finance, marketing and other key stakeholders.Develop and maintain an awareness and understanding of the latest developments in the law and technology as they relate to e-commerce and the exploitation of content in digital media.Assist in the implementation of best practices and new processes in connection with business needs.Perform other tasks as needed at the direction of the Production Vice President.
This Associate Counsel role reports to the Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, Production and is part of a team responsible for providing Business and Legal Affairs services and advice to Bluprint and other content studios.
Job DutiesDraft and negotiate production and acquisition agreements in connection with original classes and licensed programs.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience at a major law firm or studio.
• Juris Doctorate (JD) from an accredited law school.
• Member of the California State Bar or Registered with the California Bar as in-house counsel.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA (with some travel to Denver, CO).
• Willingness to work nights and on weekends, if needed.
• Strong academic credentials.
• Excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical and research skills.
• Exposure to entertainment law, copyright law, and other intellectual property practice areas.
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accountable.
• Superior organizational skills; able to handle and track a high-volume workload.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships within and outside of the organization.
• Prioritizes conflicting deadlines effectively; pivots quickly.
• Masters new areas of expertise as business needs change.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.