Sr. Director Data Science & Analytics
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Help hire, manage, and lead a team of Data Scientists and Analysts. Provide business analysis and insights on new growth opportunities in digital media with a focus on digital advertising, consumer products, and digital video streaming in broadcasting, cable, film, news and, sports. Lead Data Science & Analytics initiatives for the team. Provide forecasting, revenue modeling, predictive analysis, A/B testing and data science for stakeholder teams. Partner closely with digital strategy, finance & business development team to gather requirements. Build models to analyze ROI on TV content licensing deals and guild / residual / participant cost models for various levels of content exploitation.Create predictive models to support various digital TV entertainment forecasts and financial budgets including detailed forecasting of digital video metrics by series, season and episode, video starts, view-through, segment starts, minutes watched, ad impressions and average unique viewersAnalyze and create predictive models to support financial analysis of NBCU video performance on social platforms such as YouTube, Facebook Twitter and Instagram. Provide predictive analysis, A/B testing and data science for stakeholder teams. Continue to raise the bar and improve existing prediction models for digital TV entertainment specific issues such as optimizing MVPD authentication rates.Apply feature engineering and a deep understanding of the TV digital entertainment business to help optimize digital video recommendation engines and personalization algorithms on both ad supported and subscription supported video streaming platforms.Partner effectively and earn trust with stakeholder teams. Take ownership of priorities and ensure that the team deliver results on time. Develop a deep understanding of KPI’s that affect each group. Provide entrepreneurial guidance based on findings. Create presentations and communicate findings in regular weekly/monthly presentations. Help present in Digital Weekly Data Meeting.Create, define, and document processes and analyses. Help drive data governance initiatives within the organization.
NBCU Digital Entertainment is looking for a motivated Sr. Director Data Science & Analytics that can deliver results in a fast-paced environment. As the VP of Data Science & Analytics, you will lead all Data Science and initiatives for the organization. You will play a key role in providing thought leadership and actionable insight for the group. This is a highly visible role that will work closely with multiple levels of leadership within NBCU Digital Entertainment.
• BS/MS from a quantitative field from such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics. Master’s Degree or higher preferred.
• 7+ years of applied experience in Data, Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineering and/or BI.
• 5+ years managing teams of data professionals
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Experience with analyzing large datasets and building models using SQL, R, and/or Python. Full stack Data Science experience a plus.
• Experience with predictive modeling, multi-regression, decision tress, cluster analysis, and various machine learning models. Experience deploying Deep Learning / AI models a plus.
• Experience working closely with Data Engineering teams to provide ETL requirements, QA, and business definitions. Familiarity with AWS and Snowflake a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to partner and earn the trust of constituents.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.