2 days left
- Full Time
HarperOne, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, seeks an organized, creative, multi-tasking Associate Publicist to attend to all aspects of publicity campaigns for multiple titles each month. The Associate Publicist role is a mix of supporting high profile launches and running some campaigns—working out of San Francisco but also collaborating with NY-based team members.
HarperOne publishes books for the world we want to live in—our core categories include religion and spirituality, science and technology, health and healing, personal growth, the environment, and social change.
- Assists senior level Publicists with all aspects of book and author publicity campaigns.
- Helps write and produce press materials.
- Schedules tours and coordinates all author logistics.
- Coordinates all mailings of books, galleys, and other materials.
- Assists with event planning.
- Coordinates galley orders across all departments.
- Responds to outside inquiries, including review copy requests and general information questions.
- Under supervision, works on a few campaigns per season which includes setting strategy, engaging in regular author communication, pitching media, podcasts, blogs, and arranging events and travel logistics.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1 year of prior relevant work experience
- Experience with/knowledge of nonfiction genres including personal development, spirituality, religion, business, and healthy living
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detailed-oriented, well-organized, and able to manage priorities under pressure
- Ability to take initiative and direction
- Participates in editorial board and collaborates with marketing and editorial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe
- Strong detail management skills are necessary
- Able to travel to author events in San Francisco
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.