Part Time Radio Board Operator
- Full Time
Part-Time Board Operator/Producer
This is an entry level but critical position in the radio master control
room. This position requires a person to be tech savvy. Employees are responsible for keeping programming on air, engineering local & syndicated talk shows, coordinating live newscasts & following Cox Media Group & FCC guidelines. This is a fast paced position that requires multi-tasking & the ability to trouble-shoot issues under pressure. This person should be a self-starter, critical thinker and takes pride in their work. This person reports to the Assistant Program Director.
- Operation of station broadcast transmitter
- Coordination of remote broadcasts
- Understanding and ability to implement Emergency
- Producing local & syndicated talk shows
- Assisting anchors with breaking news/editing
- Production dubbing & producing
- Maintaining 3 radio station simultaneously
- Being able to crack a Mic and do weather/traffic
- Other duties as assigned
We Look For:
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to remain cool under pressure
- A commitment to high performance
- Weekend, evening & on call availability a
- Knowledge of editing software including Adobe
- 2 years of soundboard/radio experience Preferred
- Opportunities for advancement
- A positive supportive work environment
- A fun fast paced job for the right person
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.