About Your Role
As Editorial Director you will lead our efforts to create the best trading, investing, finance and personal finance content on the web. Every day, hundreds of thousands of people rely on Investopedia to improve their knowledge and make financial decisions. They are investors, traders, consumers, savers, entrepreneurs, students, retirees and professionals, just like us.
You will ensure that we have the most thorough, well researched, reliable and insightful content to make them smarter and confident to take the next step - whatever it is. Reporting to the General Manager, and with a team of seasoned editors reporting to you, you’ll be responsible for driving the improvement of all 30,000 pieces of Investopedia evergreen content so that each one is best in class.
The ideal candidate is process driven, has a track record of being able to deliver high quality content at scale, and is passionate about our mission of simplifying the complex topics we cover for our readers. You’ll have deep experience creating content that addresses readers searching for the information they need to educate themselves and make decisions. Think in-depth explanations of complex topics as well as product reviews and ratings.
About Your Contributions
- Oversee a team of editors in driving content quality improvement initiatives across thousands of articles.
- Direct your team of senior personal finance, trading and credit card editors in shaping and defining editorial strategies, guidelines, and voice.
- Recruit expert writers and incorporate them into processes that allow us to make our articles best-in-class across a variety of topic areas requiring various levels of subject matter expertise.
- Proactively identify and develop processes and solutions that can impact large volumes of articles.
- Collaborate with our SEO team to develop winning content strategies for the myriad of topic areas we cover.
- 6+ years of work experience in digital publishing, with a preference for candidates with experience in trading, investing, finance or personal finance educational content.
- Experience managing a team of editors in tackling digital-first content challenges.
- Excellent project management, multi-tasking and communication skills with a high attention to detail.
- Strong editorial skills with particular focus on how to assess competitors’ content and use that knowledge to develop superior content.
- Demonstrated experience working with freelance writers to create great content at scale.
- Self-starter who can develop scrappy solutions to solve challenges impeding your roadmap.
- Strong desire to help make people smarter in their financial lives.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.