- Full Time
Blue Heron Research Partners is looking to hire researchers in New York who enjoy and have experience in conducting interviews to uncover crucial business information on a variety of topics.
Who we are:
Blue Heron is a research firm specializing in providing qualitative due diligence to a wide range of clients. We apply the fundamentals of investigative and business journalism – detailed interviews and meticulous public records searches – to uncover the unvarnished truth about a company from developments on the factory floor to strategic level reputational and growth prospects.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct extensive outreach and interviews with various sources, gathering business intelligence for institutional investors and corporate clients.
- Spend significant time reaching out to and following up with potential sources, using phone, email, and InMail.
- Propose creative solutions when a project has stalled.
- Assist associates as they identify sources.
- Liaise with project managers, editing and sourcing teams.
- Apply all compliance guidelines throughout the process.
Who you are:
- You have 10+ years of experience in investigative or business journalism, or due diligence.
- You possess excellent communication skills as well as strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- You thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and deliver against short deadlines.
- You are patient, persistent and comfortable juggling several projects on different topics.
- You are self-motivated, efficient, and highly organized with excellent planning and time management skills.
- You are flexible and comfortable adjusting the line of inquiry to the changing scope of the project.
- You are naturally curious and can handle a steep learning curve.
Advantage: Candidates knowledgeable about the healthcare industry
Salary: $65-70,000 + performance-based bonus
How to apply:
- Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Researcher. If we think you could be a good match, we’ll be in touch to let you know the next steps. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive for these positions, we are not able to acknowledge every application.
- Please note that we are not able to provide sponsorship for a US work permit. You will have to demonstrate your ability to live and work in the US if invited to an interview. For more information about our company please visit https://www.blueheronrp.com.