About your Role
As Associate Editor for the Performance Marketing team, you will help build and manage the service review content (think everything from teletherapy programs to meal delivery services to SAT prep courses) library for Dotdash’s Performance Marketing Team. You will bring our readers the high-quality service recommendations they’re searching for —connecting them to what they need, whether they're building a website, looking for a home security company, tutoring help, or finding travel insurance for their next big vacation.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for Performance Marketing content execution, including sourcing freelance writers with category expertise, assigning and editing new Performance Marketing content to our network of top reviewers, topline editing all content, collaborating with SEO on all elements of content quality, producing and publishing new content in our CMS, and updating existing Performance Marketing content.
About Your Contributions
- Assign, edit and publish new Performance Marketing content across all Dotdash verticals, using competitor analysis, marketplace knowledge and internal data to back your editorial approach
- Manage Performance Marketing service reviewer contributor model, sourcing and on-boarding high-quality new writers as needed
- Track and use performance data to adjust editorial strategy and programming efforts
- Service obsessed writer or editor, with 2-3 years experience developing online editorial content and adjusting strategy and tactics based on data
- Proven track record of creating high quality commerce content that drives conversions
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
- You have good writing/editing ability and an instinctive feel for an authentic voice and how to make a reader take action
- Good understanding of digital media traffic and conversion funnels
Some examples of Performance Marketing content include:
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.