Account Executive, News Digital Group
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Generate/increase revenue of new and existing accounts from an established list of advertising agencies and clients to meet annual revenue goalsGenerate additional revenue from untapped sourcesOwn, manage, and develop relationships with clients, agencies and advertisers through day-to-day interactions; actively grow industry relationships in order to gain marketplace intelligenceBe well versed in digital advertising marketplace and trends including knowledge of Programmatic, Social, Mobile monetization, Video Distribution, Branded Content, and Rich Media solutions. Prepare and Present all Digital media opportunities Collaborate with linear counterparts helping to activate key linear accounts Manage all digital advertising from pre planning to post sale execution and optimization. Work with all networks within NBCU portfolio and use leverage in order to grow corporate share and ensure success of all propertiesLead, develop, motivate and mentor support team of sales planner and sales assistant by developing strong team alliance, inclusive participation and structured trainingCommunicate effectively within assigned office, as well as with other sales offices and various operations and sales support groups within the company
Work with a driven and highly motivated team to support the sales operations of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. As an Account Executive at NBC Universal (NBCU), you will be responsible for developing, generating and maintaining new and existing business for Digital properties of TODAY, Nightly News, Meet the Press, MSNBC, and CNBC. Nightly News and MTP are both housed on NBCNews.com
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 5+ years direct sales or sales support experience in Digital advertising industry
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Proven experience in prospecting new clients, generating sales leads and closing the sale
• Tactical knowledge of the digital advertising monetization stack including digital video, branded content, mobile, ad targeting, programmatic and display.
• Strong Organizational and Territory Sales Activity planning skills
• Well read and Knowledgeable on industry trends affecting Digital ad monetization
• Agency and client contacts in NY advertising market. Strong consideration given to contacts at Group M.
• Ability to travel as necessary
• Well Organized
• Self Starter/ Reliable
• Understand brand & marketing objectives.
• Strong communication, negotiation & presentation skills
• Capacity to work and analyze numeric data.
• Excellent interpersonal and client relation skills
• Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Ability to build and maintain relationships at the senior level
• Strong technical skills adept in the use of Salesforce CRM and Microsoft Office Suite.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.