Creative Director, Sports and Entertainment
Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
For Telemundo Deportes and Universo, lead the creative development of on-air and off-air campaigns and promotional content for global live sports events, entertainment shows, original programming and other initiatives that increase consumption and consumer engagement across all platforms while growing the overall brandInspires and motivates the creative team to constantly bring fresh, innovative multi-media ideas to the tableDigital and social media ninja able to dream about and produce content in real timeWorks closely with the SVP, Brand and Content to align creativity and strategy with the overall Telemundo Deportes, Network, and Universo image and ultimately bring the campaign to marketSuccessfully directs multiple projects both in-house and out-of-house while not sacrificing quality over quantity in a fast-pace environmentWorks closely with Operations/shared services regarding work distribution for the creative team regarding resources and timing of projectsWork closely with multiple departments such as Marketing, PR, Graphics, Digital, Programming, Studios, Operations, Stations and MVPDs in order to align messaging and provide strategic guidelinesWorks closely with the Production team to ensure high-quality, cost effective and on-time outcome regarding production of live action shoots Constantly researches industry trends, case studies, social media and digital initiatives to stay up-to-date and bring new ideas to the campaigns and inspire the teamWorks under the direct supervision of the SVP, Sports Brand & Content Development and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
The Creative Director is a courageous creative leader who thinks big across a rapidly evolving multi-media universe who continuously inspires and stimulates creative teams internally and externally into delivering groundbreaking work for Telemundo Deportes and Universo Cable Network. The Creative Director is fundamental in creating an energetic, fast-paced atmosphere where big ideas flow constantly while work is delivered on time and within budget. The Creative Director will guide his/her team to develop original concepts and pitches for 360-degree campaigns for the biggest and best global sports events and shows in Spanish Language Television and can work equally well with in-house and out-of-house creative talent to develop outstanding advertising and promotional content for the network.
• Bachelor’s degree and 10-12 years of experience developing and producing high quality campaigns for TV, entertainment, and sports programming, content, and events, preferably with a well-known media brand, or working on one as a client at an agency
• Knowledge of US Hispanic market
• Demonstrated understanding of the production process from pre-production to post production
• Must have excellent communication, creative and superior copywriting skills in Spanish
• Well versed in on and off-air design, digital and social media trends
• Must be fully fluent in English and Spanish (both written and verbal)
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Demonstrated creative leadership abilities and strategic thinking abilities
• Experience managing a team in a creative environment.
• Possesses strong team management and team building skills
• Owns exceptional presentation skills and can passionately and convincingly sell new ideas
• Demonstrated ability to represent the team at executive level meetings
• Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.