VP, Data Science, Business Intelligence & Data Engineering
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Help hire, manage, and lead a team of Data Scientists, Analysts, Data Engineers and Contractors. Mentor the team to develop a cultural of ownership and delivery. Manage both Data Science and Data Engineering projects to ensure timely delivery of prioritized tasks. Help run daily scrum and backlog grooming processes. Lead Data Science & Analytics initiatives for the team. Provide forecasting, revenue modeling, predictive analysis, scenario planning, A/B testing and data science for stakeholder teams. Lead the build out and optimization of a cloud-based Data Lake, Data Warehouse, and File System. Work closely with on-site and off-shore teams to build out ETLs to support Business Intelligence initiatives. Provide technical support and guidance for key architectural decisions including: real-time processing, distributed computing, & containerized ML models.Lead the build out of standardized reporting for multiple groups within the organization. Create requirements for new data sources and ETL for new reports. Help QA and ensure business definitions are accurate. Partner effectively and earn trust with stakeholder teams. Take ownership of priorities and ensure that the team deliver results on time. Develop a deep understanding of KPI’s that affect each group. Provide entrepreneurial guidance based on findings. Identify, maintain, develop and enhance machine learning models for end user facing digital products, including areas, but not limited to, video recommendations, metadata extraction and generation, computer vision, and user profilingSupport Digital Product Marketing team through designing and recommending appropriate analytic methodologies for the followingMarketing Analytics: tagging, touch attribution, marketing funnel & conversion analysis, acquisition & engagement metrics and paid media optimizationContact Strategy: Identifying optimal frequency, sequencing, and cross channel mix for effective customer communicationsCustomer Value: Assessing current lifetime value and determining leading indicators for high value customersCreate presentations and communicate findings in regular weekly/monthly presentations. Help present in Digital Weekly Data Meeting.Create, define, and document processes and analyses. Help drive data governance initiatives within the organization.
NBC Entertainment Digital is looking for a motivated VP, Data Science, Business Intelligence & Data Engineering that can deliver results in a fast-paced environment. In this newly created position, you will lead all Data Science, BI and Data Engineering initiatives for the organization, to provide thought leadership and actionable insights across the NBC Entertainment Digital organization and beyond.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data leader who has previous success leading a data transformation at a large organization. This person should be comfortable both defining the overall Data architecture for NBCD as well as outlining a vision for Data Science & Analytics. They should provide guidance to drive the analysis of marketing campaigns, digital viewership, consumer behavior, and overall digital product success / monetization. This is a highly visible role that will work closely with multiple levels of leadership. Strong communication skills and the ability to empower stakeholders with data-driven insights is a must.
This candidate will also have had success in building and maintaining teams capable of using Data Architecture and Data Science to solve complex problems across areas such as forecasting, marketing, product, and monetization. This Data Science and Data Engineering team will also be expected to train and deploy machine learning models at scale for consumer facing products with millions of users.
• MS required from a quantitative field from such as Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
• 10+ years of applied experience in Data, Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineering and/or BI.
• 5+ years managing teams of data professionals
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Experience with analyzing large datasets and building models using SQL, R, and/or Python. Full stack Data Science experience a plus.
• Experience with predictive modeling, multi-regression, decision tress, cluster analysis, and various machine learning models. Experience deploying Deep Learning / AI models a plus.
• Experience working closely with Data Engineering teams to provide ETL requirements, QA, and business definitions. Familiarity with AWS and Snowflake a plus.
• Knowledge in distributed processing frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop, and EMR. Experience deploying large scale models using ML frameworks such as Tensorflow and Pytorch a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to partner and earn the trust of constituents.
• Expert at integrating 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data.
• Strong management skills and proven track record of talent development
• Excellent communication skills and ability to influence others through storytelling
• Experience interfacing and servicing senior executives from across a variety of disciplines including analytics, creative, technical and operations.
• Experience in large media, technology, ecommerce, or other subscription-based company
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.