Digital Video Producer, CNBC
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Create, develop and produce innovative, long-form video content in support of marketing efforts to promote CNBC’s entertainment programming slateDevelop original content ideas extending the network's brand to best engage and retain new consumersCoordinate with show production to generate and deliver required media assets for original and acquired seriesProduction Manage all aspects of video shoots including pre-production, crew/equipment and location coordination, and on-set producing/interviewingCoordinate with internal and external Editors to produce video content from ideation to scripting, graphics requests, music selection and versioningManage multiple projects at one time, while maintaining overall production schedule and communicating status to all stakeholdersCreate, maintain and improve new video practices for all personnel to best streamline the production processCreate a system to ingest and archive media that sets the standard for the departmentCoordinate with legal counsel to ensure all required documents and paperwork are executed properlyEnsure the completion of all projects on time and within budget parameters
The Digital Video Producer will create video content to support CNBC’s primetime entertainment website, CNBCPRIME.COM. The role will be responsible for conceptualizing content ideas, managing video shoots and producing extremely engaging and monetizable video content.
This position will work in a multi-faceted environment where they will engage with diverse departments including marketing, social media, on-air, programming and ad sales. The Video Producer must be highly creative, with the ability to create original video content, as well as utilize existing media to support CNBC’s original and acquired programs.
The Producer must also have experience producing video content for other digital and emerging platforms such as social media, mobile, OTT set-top boxes, streaming and ad services, and video-on-demand. This role will report directly to the Manager, Digital Content for CNBC Prime within CNBC’s Marketing department.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• At least 5 years of digital video production experience working at a media or digital organization
• Working knowledge of on-set production, including set up, directing and producing
• Proficiencies in developing and writing concepts, outlines and scripts
• Knowledge of various video and audio editing applications such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere and Avid
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work at CNBC headquarters, located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Creative thinker with innovative ideas and the ability to provide comprehensive solutions
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and oversee concurrent projects
• Dynamic writer who has vision and tells great stories
• Technically proficient in all things digital including specs, bit-rates, aspect ratios, etc.
• A desire to learn about emerging technologies and developing digital trends
• Detail-oriented with the ability to adapt quickly to changing and shifting goals
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Capable of establishing relationships with other departments
• Thorough understanding budgets and how to reduce costs
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms and their best practices, including, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal and collaboration skills
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to 410 million homes worldwide, including more than 90 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC Digital delivers more than 55 million U.S. multi-platform unique visitors each month. CNBC.com provides real-time financial market news and information to CNBC’s investor audience. CNBC Make It is a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money by zeroing in on careers, leadership, entrepreneurship and personal finance.
CNBC has a vast portfolio of digital products, offering CNBC content to a variety of platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.