We are seeking a media savvy Publicist to join our dynamic PR and Publicity Team. The Publicist will be responsible for creating and delivering innovative, high impact publicity efforts for Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) and Universal CityWalk (CW). The position will also serve as the liaison with PR agencies and media organizations. A percentage of the role involves Event PR and will work closely as a team to include an all hands-on deck approach assisting with a variety of PR related responsibilities. This position reports directly to the VP Public Relations.Responsibilities:
Develop, plan and implement inspired publicity efforts based on initiatives to promote USH and City Walk as a preferred destinations in key global markets.Proactively pitch press with creative story angles that drive and increases consumer editorial coverage.Serve as the PR liaison for the travel industry to include working with international agency partners and editorial outlets.Create pitches that will appeal to a variety consumers and demographics.Develop and sustain excellent media relations with targeted journalists and various media outlets.Research, develop, and present innovative PR plans and compelling story ideas for USH/CW to influence visitation.Assist with Talent Relations and general functional PR responsibilities and other duties as assigned.Develop PR editorial opportunities to drive increased awareness of the company’s Special Events business division.Play an integral part of the PR and Publicity team to provide cohesive support for seasonal and special events.Compose compelling press releases, speeches and presentations.Create and manage project budgets.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is required; majors in Journalism, Public Relations or Mass Communications preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant PR experience.
• Must be able to be flexible and available to work evenings and weekends.
• The ideal candidate will possess an intuitive sense of Publicity and Public Relations.
• The ability to understand destination / entertainment publicity is preferred.
• Outstanding technical and creative and news writing skills required.
• Strong communication skills with ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport in a flexible, fast paced team environment.
• Strong professional demeanor, able to represent the corporate entity in dynamic and unforeseen scenarios.
• Attention to detail with strong organizational skills; ability to juggle many tasks and change gears quickly.
• Adept at developing innovative publicity strategies within corporate brand positioning.
• High degree of individual accountability to commitments and deadlines.
• Able to toggle effectively between working independently and collaboratively, in a transparent fashion.
• Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial with the desire to learn.
• A solid sense for newsworthy content.
• Thrives in fast-paced environment.
• Experience with social media PR strategy.
• Exhibits a positive can-do, roll up the sleeves and get things done attitude.
• Flexible to PR projects and opportunities outside of immediate job description.
• Language skills a plus, but not required.
Experience Universal Studios Hollywood ™ - where every day is an opportunity to take action, a chance to have fun. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood entertainment experience with the world’s largest movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Here, your individuality helps movie-making magic meet real life thrills to inspire memories that last a lifetime. Therefore, we strive to attract the best talent across a range of positions from hourly guest service to professionals. You are encouraged to bring the passion, energy and creativity that will make a difference to the thousands of families and friends who explore our universe every day. Get ready for an epic adventure at a place where you can be Universally You - Universal Studios Hollywood ™, the Entertainment Capital of L.A℠.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.